|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced Cost Manager seeking a new challenge?
Interested in joining a leading multi-million-pound organisation to work on a range of exciting schemes?
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
A bit about us
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
We are currently looking for several individuals to join our team working on projects for Anglian Water Services. AWS is the largest geographic water and wastewater company in England and Wales, covering 27,500 square kilometres. The AWS region stretches from the Humber north of Grimsby, to the Thames estuary and then from Buckinghamshire to Lowestoft on the east coast.
Mott MacDonald are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
What is our vision?
Our vision (with the help of you) is to deliver major projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as credible and preferred for our existing and new clients.
A bit about the role including responsibilities
You will be accountable for the commercial and cost management of a project or programme of projects from inception to close out reporting directly to an Programme Manager, ensuring that maximum efficiencies are obtained and full compliance with all Anglian Water governance procedures is achieved.
Manage all aspects of commercial and cost management of a project and programme of projects including:
* Ensuring robust estimates are provided that are aligned to scope and makes due allowance for all risks and opportunities
* Managing the procurement process including ensuring that all strategies are developed and agreed and that tender processes including invitation, return and negotiation are followed correctly
* Subcontracts are properly managed in accordance with contract requirements including compliance with all responses to communications, including payments, compensation events, programme submissions, etc., and that all contract files are maintained and kept up to date.
* Ensuring robust cost management is undertaken at all times including:
* Accurate live forecasting taking into account the project programme and reporting
* Actual costs are properly monitored and assessed against the baseline estimate, in particular, all site costs including direct labour, plant & materials, all alliance staff bookings, costs and challenge and variance to the plans
* Providing reports on actual costs v estimate and identifying underlying reasons for any variance and resolutions
* acceEnsure that the contracts are properly administered
* Ensuring that proper records are kept so that all financial information for audits and cost assurance is readily available
* Finance or surveying degree or equivalent
* NEC experience
* Water experience preferred
* Member of a relevant chartered body or working towards
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
* Pension matched up to 7%
* Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
* An annual professional institution subscription
* Life insurance
* Enhanced parental leave
* Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
* Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Does this sound interesting to you? Get in touch today!
Equality, diversity and inclusion statement:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.