|Job Type:||Full Time|
Version:1.0StartHTML:000000266EndHTML:000013845StartFragment:000008924EndFragment:000013765StartSelection:000009049EndSelection:000013726SourceURL:https://trmx.brassring.com/Requisition/View?reqid=1334864&reqlanguage=en&formtypeid=236&responsive=true View <span class="mce-spellchecker-word" data-mce-bogus="1" data-mce-word="Req" data-mce-index="13">Req</span> 40111BR : Integrated Energy Systems Consultant
Job Description :
The role will involve working on â€œintegrated energy systemsâ€ projects within Mott MacDonald. These projects include energy storage, electric vehicle integration, micro grids, smart networks, hybrid energy solutions, demand side response, micro-generation, 'grid edge' technology and innovation.
The role will be based within Mott MacDonaldâ€™s Energy Unit but will require working with specialists in Mott MacDonaldâ€™s transport and built environment sectors.
*Candidate Specification :
Essential competencies / skills:
- Strong engineering background (with a specialism in Power or Electrical Engineering)
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Sharp analytical skills and the ability to present quantitative knowledge to non-experts
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Preparedness to travel worldwide on short business assignments
- Excellent working ability of MS Office, knowledge in other economic/statistical packages welcome
Desired competencies / skills:
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Previous experience in electrical infrastructure projects as Ownerâ€™s Engineer, Lenderâ€™s Engineer, or other role
- Previous experience in the â€œintegrated energy systemsâ€ sector
- Techno-economic modelling skill
- Knowledge of programming and automation of processes
- Appreciation of transaction finance mechanisms
- Appreciation of project risk and mitigation
- Appreciation of commercial sphere of project work including contract terms
- Project Management experience
- Proposal experience
Equality, diversity and inclusion:Â
Equality, diversity, and inclusionÂ (EDI)Â are at the heart of our organisation. WeÂ promoteÂ equal opportunitiesÂ andÂ have several initiativesÂ toÂ create an inclusive workplace culture;Â Our dedicatedâ€¯inclusive recruitmentâ€¯pageÂ providesÂ more information on ourÂ effortsÂ andÂ recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us atÂ firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
AtÂ Mott MacDonald, weÂ supportÂ ourÂ staffÂ to createÂ work-life balanceÂ which works for them and welcomeÂ candidates looking for career flexibility.Â We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.Â
We can offer:Â**
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leaveÂ and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- AnÂ annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- EnhancedÂ parental leave
- Annual company performance bonusÂ scheme â€" Subject to company performance
- FlexibleÂ benefitsÂ schemeÂ to suit you, includingÂ cycle toÂ work &Â Interest free season ticket loans etc.
*Job Profile :
This work will require the ability to :
- Carry out analyses of projects and solutions.
- Understand the UK and global market for â€œintegrated energy systemsâ€œ and provide assessment for clients.
- Preparing conceptual electrical designs for medium and high voltage systems
In addition, the role could involve managing or leading project work and project teams, developing and retaining relationships with clients, and potentially developing new business opportunities.