|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about data, analytics and digital marketing? Would you like to be in a team that is solving the toughest problems in online marketing, in partnership with some of the brightest and most advanced marketers in the world? And all of that whilst working in the dynamic, competitive, customer-focused and data-rich world of online travel?
Hotels.com are looking for an astute, consultative, passionate, individual with a strong analytical and business background to fill the Analytics Manager - SEO role. The role, and team, will have analytical ownership of high-visibility initiatives across Search Engine Optimisation projects, furthering our understanding and driving strategic decisions within a core part of our business.
Working within the wider Acquisition Marketing Analytics team, you would be collaborating with other leaders in the team, as well as teams across all Hotels.com functions such as Marketing, Finance, Data Science and Online Product. This job will primarily be focused on SEO analytics, evaluating our performance in the organic search space, identifying and monitoring opportunities that improve our position, click through rates and overall visibility.
This job is for you if you bring a rare blend of analytical excellence and strong business focus, and are seeking a challenging and exciting role within a dynamic, fast-paced and fun business.
We believe in flexible working and this role could be fulfilled on a flexible working set-up, this can be discussed during the interview process.
What you'll do
Your responsibilities will include:
- Applying advanced analytical techniques to identify optimisation levers and influence marketing strategy
- Collaborating with our Marketing Data Science team to identify opportunities and embed machine learning techniques within our marketing activities
- Designing and evaluating tests to understand impact of site changes on SEO performance
- Understanding and proactively communicating factors affecting trading performance to stakeholders including Hotels.com leadership team
- Partnering with our Digital Analytics and Data Engineering teams to ensure robust and accurate data capture and continuous improvement of data available for both analytics and the wider business
- Developing and defining analytical vision, strategy and roadmap for the team, coordinating with leaders within the marketing team to ensure alignment with business goals
- Knowledge sharing through presentations at regional, channel and business wide events, as well as building relationships with analytics teams across EG sister brands
- Mentoring junior analysts
- Partnering with our BI team to craft dashboards to enable effective monitoring of our performance
Work experience and education guidelines:
- Proven experience of using R (or similar tools) to structure, transform and visualise big data
- Strong SQL skills are a requirement – hands on use of big data in large projects using Hadoop, Presto or Spark a bonus
- Solid understanding of online marketing, preferably in a past or current role, with experience of Search Engine Optimisation or PPC style marketing partners a plus
- Experience within a large ecommerce environment beneficial
- 5+ years’ experience working in a role focused on analytics, statistical modelling, data science or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science or similar
- A relevant Master’s degree a plus
- Travel industry experience a plus
Who you are:
- A passion for data, analytics, ecommerce, online marketing and travel
- An enthusiasm and desire to learn about new analytical tools and techniques
- Ability to work effectively in a lean, global and highly matrixed environment
- First class written and verbal communication skills - demonstrated ability to communicate complex analytical solutions and their business value clearly to a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to oversee multiple projects/responsibilities concurrently
- Passion and tenacity for solving problems through creativity and resourcefulness
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by building structure and prioritizing effectively
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.