|Job Type:||Full Time|
Rare: we're not your typical developer. Our 30+ years in the game-making business have been dedicated to crafting one beloved title after another, constantly trying new things, and infusing the fun we have every day into the games we create. Check out the Rare Replay collection for three whirlwind decades of evidence! We strive to keep Rare a fantastic place to work, from its beautiful location and state-of-the-art facilities to a strong focus on work/life balance.
If you're a keen gamer, chances are you've already caught wind of our epic shared world pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, released in March 2018 and a journey we're committed to for the long haul even as we begin to think about what's out there beyond the horizon. With every day bringing new challenges and discoveries in equal measure, there's never been a more rewarding time to join our daredevil crew!
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate VFX artist to join our team at Rare. We want to hear from people who have a passion for solving difficult challenges, a thirst for innovation and a drive for just making the best games possible. Working with the respective Art teams and engineering disciplines; you will be involved in content creation, work collaboratively on innovative features with Technical Artists and Engineers, whilst always searching for ways we can improve. If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and, most importantly, want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you!
- Creating high quality in-game visual effects that work well with the visual direction of the game whilst staying within frame performance and time constraints
- Create VFX from concept to completion for different gameplay features and events
- Work collaboratively with the Art/Design/Engineering disciplines to support and resolve artistic challenges
Required Experience & Qualifications
- A professional portfolio or VFX blog
- Previousexperience as a VFX Artist for a Game or Film Production.
- Basic knowledge of content creation packages (Houdini/Maya/After Effects/etc)
- Strong eye for quality
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Effective time and team management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Excellent artistic ability
- Excellent eye for quality control and detail
- A broad technical understanding with the capacity to learn and utilize new skills quickly
- Experience with Unreal Engine or equivalent is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-organised and proactive
- Able to take and interpret direction and criticism as well as constructively critique the work of others
Rare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.