|Job Type:||Full Time|
**Role Title:**Head ofDesign
**Business:**RetailBanking Wealth Management
**New or Existing Role?**New
the User Experience and Design Discipline within HSBC Digital Solutions
(HDS), the jobholder is accountable for leading and managing all User
Centred Design and Visual Design activity to define’ best in class’
digital channel experiences for global (Public Website, Internet Banking,
Sharedealing and Mobile (including future channels/devices)), contributing
to delivery of RBWM strategic goals.
- Lead and coach the Design
discipline across both the manufacture and deployment environment
supporting convergence and reuse across the HSBC global network. Lead this
activity for Digital initiatives and contribute to other multi- channel
priority programmes where there is a Digital workstream.
- The role holder will work closely
and in collaboration with Global Marketing as a key stakeholder.
- Responsible for the production of
all design artefacts (initial sketches, wireframes, clickable prototypes
and high fidelity screens) produced by the team as part of User Centred
Design deliverables in conjunction with Digital Analysis.
- Accountable for definition and
management of internal and external usability (customer testing activity)
on a per project basis.
- Support the multi-channel strategy and agent channels where
the business requirements state this.
- Lead service/User Experience design
activity to define ‘best in class’ sales and service channel experience
(multi brand ethos to support replication) underpinned by customer insight
and testing, for both manufacture and deployment.
- Lead the production of the Digital
UX Design and Visual Design artifacts as part of User Centred Design
activity in line with committed timescales and methodology, securing
Approval from stakeholders as required.
- Ensuring digital deliverables meet
business requirements and are fit for purpose to release to customers by
leading the delivery production line (development, testing and
- As part of the Digital Discipline
leadership team contribute the definition and delivery of the HDS strategy.
- Use own Subject Matter Expertise to
champion, evangelise and educate HDS stakeholders on User
Experience/Service Design best practice and creative innovations from the
external marketplace to enhance and evolve the Digital Business.
DCE and their external agencies in development of Group Digital Designs
for projects like Mobile App, Wealth Dashboard etc.
team in development of clickable prototypes and demos to illustrate early
design concepts to business stakeholders and SwD Development teams.
team to support local in country and regional projects by designing
screens and tools for deployment on PWS, App and PIB as required.
- Foster and develop a customer
centric ethos, use insight to continuously enhance user experience,
increasing loyalty, advocacy and retention.
- Definition and delivery of ‘best in
class’ digital propositions through UCD process working in collaboration
with the Digital Analysis Team.
- In order to deliver theHDS strategic objectives the role holder
will work at the highest levels stakeholders including: Regional &
Country teams, Group DCE, Group CVM, Group Digital, HTS and Change
- Lead team in provision of internal
design agency services to in country, regional and global stakeholders
with production of visual designs and prototypes to bring concepts to life
and gain stakeholder buy in.
- Define and implement People
Strategy for own team within HDS encompassing development, training and
accreditation with robust approach to performance management that leads to
high performance culture.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise
(SME) across areas of responsibility.
OperationalEffectiveness & Control
- Develop clear governance procedures
within discipline to maximize convergence across region, and ensure any
divergence is justified.
- Procedures should be comprehensive
and unambiguous, and include SLAs; individual/team ownership; resolution
scenarios and escalation policy.
- Identify key risks, issues and
interdependencies and provide appropriate mitigation strategies or
escalation as appropriate.
- Support audit / independent
programme assessments as required.
- Ensure HSBC is not put at any
operational or reputational Risk.
- HSBC has evolved over its 140 year
history and its adoption of electronic channels can be seen as important
as the development of the business in China. Achieving a leading position
in this aspect of Financial Services will take a number of years requiring
the development of new capabilities and competencies with which the Mgt of
the bank and the current culture is largely unfamiliar.
- The role holder’s challenge will be
- Ensure that all HSBC RBWM services
offer standout customer experience and fully deliver on our brand promise.
- Lead Design activity to support
converged ‘best in class’ common processes and experiences while
recognising that local regulations and customs will require the service to
be tailored. Even where local regulation and customs tailor the service
accordingly, the service quality HSBC offers will be to the same standard
across the world.
- Provide market-leading, compelling
digital services that can leverage our global scale and distribution
network. With increased connections between our businesses around the world,
the aim is to take us from a collection of locally orientated propositions
to one global set. These are delivered locally, according to globally
defined standards, but with a local flavour, to enable us to compete and
lead in the markets we choose to be in.
- Promote the drive to create
sustainable cost savings and operational efficiencies through
standardising systems, processes and products on a global scale. To create
savings we need to drive out waste and duplication, streamline processes
and take out paper where we can. Digital channels will be a major
facilitator of achieving these objectives. Good design will be critical to
customers adopting digital.
- Support the creation of one, modern
bank, through creation of one IT infrastructure, refining and removing
redundant processes and automating others to ensure we deliver the best
possible customer experience.
- Ensure that as the predominant
technology varies market by market the propositions developed cater for
this while striving to be as globally consistent as possible.
- Ensure the solutions developed
should be implemented on a generic as opposed to proprietary basis where
possible while delivering differentiation against competitors.
- The role holder is responsible for
the definition of the customer experience delivered by the Digital Sales
and Servicing journey in Region, integrating the digital journey into a
- Not directly responsible for a
digital P&L but accountable for the effectiveness and efficiency of
the Digital Designcomponent of HDS
- Support and engage with
cross-functional and market teams with no direct line responsibility for
- The role may demand international
travel (10-15% of the year), and when operating from the home country,
will require significant schedule flexibility to allow for daily/weekly
interaction with HDS team members and project teams from all Regions.
- Primary interactions will be with
two broad groups: (a) Within the Digital Team itself (b) With Regional Business
and Project Teams and specifically Digital Customer
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair
treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both
personally and as an organisation.
- The jobholder will also continually
reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in
the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions,
legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices,
management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring
all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of
concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate
- Managementof circa £500k usability/customer testing budget and appropriate liaison withPlanning and Support to ensure this is recharged
- Managementof travel and incentive budgets as appropriate to team size
- Peerwith in country Digital Heads and their direct reports, along with SeniorStakeholders in SWD and DCE
- Thejobholder will interact with multiple RBWM teams at Global, Regional andCountry levelin order to ensure themost rapid and efficient development of digital requirements and readiness ofthe business to adopt.
- Providedigital capabilities to 3 priority markets in Europe and MENA, plus smallermarkets within the respective regions.
- Providedigital design leadership on digitally led and non-digitally led projects todeliver investment of >$30m across the in-scope markets.
- EffectiveUser Centred Design activity will enable targeted business benefit realizationof >$260m over 3 years.
Observation of InternalControls
- Thejobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart ofeverything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- Thejobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated withthe role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic ormarket conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures andpractices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Thiswill be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood ofoperational risk occurring.