|Job Type:||Full Time|
As one of the main technology HUBS For EMEA the scope of work in Bournemouth is truly remarkable, we are at the forefront of innovation within the financial services industry and are pioneering the use of cutting edge technologies.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
Working as part of the Direct Custody & Clearing (DCC) Technology Team, the candidate will be required to liaise closely with the remote location teams including Business, Testers, DCC Technology, Quality Assurance and Technology Infrastructure groups throughout the various stages of testing and implementation lifecycle. Building successful working relationships with key parties is crucial in this role.
With multi-million dollar development programs to support, the role requires clear thinking under pressure and an imaginative and agile approach to getting regular deliveries from the vendor. There is potential to expand the platform to multiple instances around the globe, and a secure configuration management approach will be vital.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages JAVA/J2EE
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
Desirable skills include:
- Custody business knowledge.
- Liaise with the Vendors and Clients to ensure timely and quality deliverables including internal infrastructure teams to ensure effective communication channels are set up to support the application rollout on a daily basis
- Provide support to the Program Governance, Reporting and Communications efforts
- TCS BaNCS knowledge will be added advantage
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.