|Job Type:||Full Time|
Corporate Tax VAT Advisory Executive Director
The position is based in London in the VAT Department within Corporate Tax. The team provides VAT advisory support and manages VAT risk globally for a number of businesses areas including trading, investment banking, wealth management, asset management, treasury, custody services, fund services and commodities.
Overview of the role:
The role will be end to end advisory, compliance and execution supporting the markets business within the corporate investment bank. The role will also comprise of additional advisory work for the other banking businesses, corporate areas and projects as they arise.
The coverage will be EMEA and some support of global activities.
This is a key VAT advisory led role with oversight for the specific line of business compliance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provision of VAT technical advice to the markets business in various jurisdictions
- Assist in review of new products and new business initiatives
- Implementation of best practice across the business
- Review and implementation of partial exemption methodologies
- Liaising with legal and accounting firms for best advice
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Risk management
- Team player
- Ability to work autonomously but also willing to work under instruction
- Comfortable working within a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Be able to work with all levels within the organisation.
Requirements for the candidate:
- CTA Qualified (indirect tax route) or equivalent relevant professional qualification
- Good technical knowledge of UK and EU VAT law
- Previous financial services experience
- Ideally, relevant professional experience within either
- Advisory practice
- Law firm
- An international financial services business
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.