|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
The European Funds MI team is part of Global Sales Enablement, reporting into the Global Marketing Organisation.
The role of the European MI team is to support the JPMorgan Asset Management retail and institutional businesses by helping decision makers shape the future. We provide information, analysis and actionable insight on the funds management business and technology innovations to data processes. We partner with several teams across the business, including Technology, Finance, Sales, Risk and Sales.
The team is on a continual path to add value to the business by providing Management Information and striving to keep our data relevant and delivered effectively.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is very comfortable with data and technology to be a key member of the European Funds Management Information (MI) team.
- The role acts as the link between business and technology, working with various teams across the organisation to assess, analyse and deliver data needs by maintaining and developing the data warehouse
- The role requires the individual to learn the business and create a network of contacts across the business. It is therefore an excellent opportunity to build a thorough understanding of the European Asset Management.
- The role offers freedom to innovate and the opportunity to develop data analysis and reporting expertise, becoming a valuable resource for the business in an increasingly important and high profile field.
It is expected the successful candidate will spend majority of their time on delivering projects combined with monthly tasks. Main responsibilities include:
- Partnering with Technology to deliver enhancements to the data warehouse
- Analyse business needs and translate them to technology requirements
- Design and execute tests to evaluate impact of development
- Determine downstream impact to operational processes
- Conduct Training
- Ownership of the Business Objects Universe, change management and testing
- Data Warehouse Platform Support
- Perform 1st line support of researching issues in the data warehouse
- Assign/Escalate issues to Technology/Operations, and/or Vendor(s)
- Manage problem life cycle to completion
- Assist in evaluation and POC of visualization tools (Qlikview, Qliksense, Tableau)
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience as a business/data analyst
- Data Modelling/Data Analysis – Methodical thought process to resolving problems and interpreting business requirements. Demonstrates ability to quickly analyze information to develop insights and conclusions;
- Leadership – Takes initiative, challenges/questions processes, goes beyond roles/responsibilities;
- Influencing - Can demonstrate experience of working with senior Stakeholders
- Teamwork – Works well with others, capitalizes on team’s strengths to get to an end result;
- Creativity – Ability to think beyond "how things are done today";
- Communication – Strong written and oral skills, ability to tailor messages to a diverse audience;
- Project Management – Juggle multiple priorities, facilitate meetings, effectively track deliverables to completion;
- Demonstrated quantitative/technical abilities with OLAP and query tools (i.e. Business Objects, SQL, etc.);
- Experience with relational database design;
- Experience with maintaining Business Objects Universes, and
- Understanding of Investment Management Business, Mutual Funds, Managed Accounts, and/or Separate Accounts preferred. Project Management experience
- Educated to bachelor degree level in a numerate/technical discipline