|Job Type:||Full Time|
JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Compliance Function
With a diverse team of Compliance professionals supporting all areas of our business around the globe, the team is working diligently to be innovative and present all business partners with thoughtful and unique solutions to the challenges they face. The Compliance function has a robust set of priorities in place focused on best practice and employee development to ensure goals are delivered.
Markets Compliance Team
The Markets Compliance Team comprises of 30 professionals and is based on the London Fixed Income Currencies and Commodities (“FICC”) and Equities Trading Floors. The Team is responsible for providing real-time advice, policy and training on regulatory matters to the predominantly London-based EMEA Markets businesses. The Team forms part of the Compliance Department which covers JPMorgan’s Corporate and Investment Banking, Security Services, Asset Management and Private Banking businesses in the EMEA region.
The Team is recruiting for a VP level position to join the FICC Compliance Advisory team, providing primary advisory support and relationship management specifically to the London based Macro Trading business (i.e. Global Rates, Currencies and Emerging Markets, Commodities and Fixed Income Financing) and their correlating Sales functions. This is one of the leading EMEA Fixed Income businesses and provides a wide range of investment banking services to institutional and corporate clients.
The role responsibilities include:
- This is a VP role covering Macro Trading and Sales activities in various forms across flow and structured products in EMEA. As such, the work is varied and time critical, and will require the development of the candidates understanding of market structures, products, relevant UK, EU and US regulations, Chinese wall structures, FCA COB rules, and recent regulatory developments.
- The successful candidate should ideally have a good level of understanding in at least one of the Macro asset classes that is in either interest rate, commodities or foreign exchange products, as well as some relevant experience of performing a Compliance, Risk or Controls role in an investment bank.
- The successful candidate will be expected to manage relationships with the businesses at all levels, including senior management. They must be able to think of their feet, providing ‘live’ regulatory interpretations and decisions to the business, often in high profile and/or time constrained situations.
- An ability to be proactive, to think critically about the information presented to them, to ask appropriate questions in order to understand the situation, and to understand when to escalate an issue, is key.
- The successful candidate must be a good team player and will be expected to provide cross coverage of the
Macro businesses generally whilst also providing specific input with respect to new product and business initiatives, new rules and regulations, training, policies, monitoring and surveillance escalations.
- The role will require close liaison with other members of the FICC and broader Markets Compliance teams, as well as the wider Compliance department (e.g. Surveillance Registrations, Tech & Ops, Control Room) as/when necessary.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.