Team Manager (Emergency & Metering)
Location: Walton Park
Salary: £34.1k - £42.7k (dependant on skills & qualifications)
An opportunity has arisen for the post of Team Manager (Emergency & Metering) in Solent Depot, reporting to the Engineering Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Manage a team of First call operatives who attend gas escapes, metering jobs and other gas related work.
- Supporting the depot management team to ensure all targets are met.
- Ensure your team are working safely and efficiently and meeting all KPI's set by you.
- Due to the nature of the role you may also be required to participate in a depot standby rota for which appropriate additional payments will be made.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Effectively manage a team in a depot environment, therefore some depot based experience, as well as some supervisory experience, would be an advantage.
- Highly motivated with a flexible and positive approach to work.
- Committed to safety; have excellent organisations and problem-solving skills and be able to act on your own initiative to minimise or prevent anticipated problems.
- Effective communicator at all levels, within and beyond your own team.
- You will have excellent IT skills and be competent in Microsoft packages such as Word and Excel and have experience of BORIS & Maximo.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…