|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global is one of the world’s leading Media & Entertainment groups. As the UK’s largest commercial radio company, Global reaches more than 32 million people every week including 25 million on the radio alone through its respected media brands; Capital, Heart, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital XTRA and Gold. Global recently moved into outdoor advertising following the major acquisitions of Primesight, Outdoor Plus and Exterion Media. With over 250,000 outdoor advertising points, Global is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in Europe. The company headquarters is in London’s iconic Leicester Square.
The last year has been a very exciting one for Classic FM, Smooth and Gold - three of the country’s best-loved national radio brands. Each has delivered some outstanding RAJAR results, with Smooth hitting its highest ever audience on record, both in London and across the UK, Classic FM continuing to be the leading classical music brand online and on social media worldwide, and Gold having more listeners – and listening hours – than this time last year.
The Classic FM, Smooth and Gold Production team is responsible for ‘station sound’, and is looking for someone to help us to build on the success of all three brands.
As Senior Imaging Producer, you will support the Head of Production, working across each of the team’s brands, assisting with developing a cohesive imaging strategy. You will produce high-quality audio, ranging from promos and idents for individual programmes, to station-wide promo campaigns and imaging packages. You will also deputise for the Head of Production in his absence.
Working across three of the UK’s most listened-to radio brands (collectively reaching more than 12.2 million listeners every week) makes this a rare and genuinely exciting opportunity in audio production.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll create a range of content, primarily focused on promoting the three brands’ on-air programming (and other brands, as required). This will include sponsorship audio, promo trails, live reads and shorter items of imaging (anything from news jingles and top-of-hour branding, to sweepers and on-air fillers).
- You’ll write great, cut-through copy, perfectly aimed at the target audiences of Classic FM, Smooth and Gold.
- You’ll work closely with the Head of Production to ensure the department’s strategy is executed well.
- Working with presenters and voiceover artists will be a key part of this role – and at every stage, you’ll be required to bring out the very best of the talent you produce.
- You’ll create outstanding audio to promote our brand extensions, ranging from podcasts and in-app streams to album and book releases.
- You’ll work with our digital team to help ensure there is a consistent cross-platform approach to promoting programmes.
- You’ll help develop other members of the production team.
For the avoidance of doubt, this is an audio producer role; not a station or studio producer.
What we expect of you:
- You’ll have significant experience working at a senior level within a production team for an established national or radio brand
- You’ll have a strong understanding of how to reach and engage a broad audience, for Classic FM, Smooth and Gold, and a comprehensive grasp of what makes both brands unique within the radio market. (We’re not necessarily looking for a ‘classical music expert’ or Abba obsessive, though knowledge of classical music and/or the songs played on Smooth and Gold will place you at an advantage.)
- You’ll have a clear creative vision for how the on-air station sound for each brand can drive forward the stations’ RAJAR figures.
- You’ll have plenty of experienceof writing and producing promos and imaging elements for an established radio or audio brand.
- You are highly organised and able to work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’ll have strong script-writing skills and be very good at coming up with cut-through ideas for promoting content.
- You will have significant experience scheduling imaging elements using GSelector or similar software.
- You’ll have a thorough understanding of how to use Pro-Tools and Adobe Audition and experience of working with radio playout systems.
Please submit a link to an online audio demo, or send audio of around 3 minutes as an mp3 file; please note, other file formats may be rejected by our system, so it must be an mp3.