|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you energetic, motivated and looking to make an impact at a ground-breaking tech company, powered by the world’s largest online travel platform? As a Business Travel Agent for Egencia you will use your excellent customer service skills to delight our clients at each stage of their travel reservation.
Egencia may be known as the corporate business travel arm of the Expedia Group, but behind the scenes, life couldn’t be less corporate. Egencians are pioneers, problem-solvers and people-people who collaborate globally to give business travellers the very best experience every day.
We are looking to hire experienced Travel Consultants fluent in German and English to service our German customers.
What you’ll do:
- You will consistently provide the highest level of customer service and integrity
- You will promote and maintain excellent client relations by handling a prompt and accurate response, positive telephone/email, and service techniques
- You will adhere to company service guidelines, promote and sell corporate-contracts and preferred suppliers
- You will effectively use all technology systems and tools to ensure consistency and adherence to processes and procedures
- You will research and solve problems related to reservations
- You will use proper documentation for each call or email; and provide priority wait-listing, preferred seat selection, and upgrade management, as needed
- You will make recommendations to clients, e.g., efficient and alternate routes, lowest available fares, booking class, exchange rates, and travel products and services
- You will serve as a customer liaison between clients and contracted/preferred suppliers
- Additional responsibilities may include, customer service issue follow-up and resolution, visa and/or passport processing, voids, refunds, exchanges, and split ticketing
Who you are:
- Experienced using a Travel GDS system, ideally Amadeus, or similar such as Galileo, Worldspan or Sabre
- A native or Fluent German speaker and writer, along with flawless English
- You will have substantial travel industry experience, ideally in a travel customer service call centre environment
- You bring significant experience servicing both international and domestic customers, with emphasis on booking practices
- You work well even in times of high call volumes while maintaining exemplary detail accuracy also under pressure
- Strong customer service experience
- Strong communication; Thrive in a social environment
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.