|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Happiness Engineer, you love helping people.
Transforming publishing on the web is no small task. Our goal is to build relationships based on trust which result in happy, passionate, loyal customers and colleagues. We do this through listening to their needs and guiding them to the fullest use of the products we offer. We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to get the job done.
Interested in learning more about how our team works? Check out what Happiness Engineers have to say about their work.
In general, a typical day involves:
- Being an active member of a global team that provides 24/7 support via live chat, tickets, forums, and one-on-one screenshare sessions. This is a full-time position.
- Helping people use Automattic’s products, including WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, and more.
- Troubleshooting, investigating, and creating detailed bug reports.
- Building a community of support by sharing knowledge and helping team members around the world.
Being a Happiness Engineer requires:
- Proficiency with WordPress, HTML, and CSS, along with a strong support philosophy.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with a knack for taking technical language and making it understandable.
- A passion for solving tough problems and proposing elegant solutions.
- An ability to learn and adapt so that you can help teach others.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
Happiness Engineers should be fluent and eloquent in written English. If you know additional languages, be sure to tell us.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? Here are the key dates to keep in mind:
- Our next application round closes on Sunday, May 19 2019 at 00:00 UTC.
- If you are selected for the next trial cohort, you will begin your trial on Monday, July 8, 2019.
Please follow the instructions below to submit your application :
- Write a cover letter to let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
- View the source code for this web page and locate the div with the class code-is-poetry. Visit the URL enclosed within that div.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.