|Job Type:||Full Time|
Storage Presales Engineer - Alliances
The Modern Data Center (MDC) begins with IT infrastructure and a fundamental shift from building infrastructure to buying everything possible and building only unique value to your business. Converged Infrastructure reduces the time and the cost of deploying, configuring and managing hardware and software components separately and increases time to value for IT investments. We are investing in people who are as passionate as we are in delivering outstanding value and first class experiences to our customers. If you enjoy the challenge of building a career within a dynamic and evolving global technology organization - bring your ideas, creativity and ambition to MDC. Success happens here and we want you to be a part of it.
This role is specifically focused on Dells’ Alliances Partners, who take our solutions and craft them into their Managed Service offers for their customers, as well as reselling them as part of their complete IT Management capabilities. The MDC Alliances team in EMEA is responsible for working with Partners in the Telco, SI and SO districts, supporting Dell’s Global Alliances Sales and Pre-Sales team deliver an annual $7bn revenue stream globally.
- Responsible for driving the strategy for specific Alliance Partners for MDC Products and Solutions alongside MDC Alliances Sales and Global Alliances teams.
- Assist in the analysis, design, sizing and development of MDC technology solutions against Partner requirements.
- Qualify sales opportunities with an understanding of the customers technical requirements, competitive threats, the decision-making process and the available funding.
- Engage in Design-Win activity to introduce MDC Products and Solutions into Partner portfolio.
- Engage in tactical deals to win with MDC Products and Solutions.
- Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration and application workflow solutions.
- Leverage knowledge of competitive solutions to address customer objections to Dell solutions.
- Execute technical sales. Plays a visible leadership role in the acceleration and adoption of emerging products and services.
- Configures and documents Dell solutions to meet customer and sales objectives. Completes required pre-sales documentation quickly and accurately.
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed Dell solutions and business cases to customers, prospects and Dell management.
- Assists in the development of responses to customer requests and proposals as required
- Possesses detailed product/technology/industry knowledge.
- Deep knowledge of data center technology including primary storage, converged infrastructure, DR/Business Recovery practices, production operation etc. (ideally on Dell products)
- Excellent presentation skills in front of all levels of the IT Organization and C-Level audience
- Self-motivated, proactive and understands the importance of a strong sense of urgency reflected through ability to drive customer demand
- Excellent industry knowledge and ability to anticipate new industry trends
- Good understanding of Dells’ competitors in data center technology and cloud solutions
- Virtualization and IT automation process experience with VMware on: Storage & Availability, SDDC Platform - and Cloud Management Platform Solutions
- Related sales and technical experience
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.