|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global Privacy Consultant
Remote, UK - Dublin - Austin, TX
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
We are looking for an experienced Privacy Consultant to add value to Dell’s global privacy program and to be a strategic partner to the business and legal departments. You will ensure that Dell operates within the law and provide guidance on privacy matters. This role will directly report to Dell’s Global Privacy Counsel with a dotted line to the Global Privacy Program Director.
- Provide privacy law guidance to Dell’s global consumer sales and marketing business units.
- Provide strategic legal advisor support to all EMEA business segments/functions and EMEA legal team that raise EMEA privacy law concerns.
- Draft and negotiate EMEA specific data protection and privacy provisions in contracts with Dell’s authorized third parties and customers as an escalation point in accordance with Dell’s legal department’s contracts approval matrix policy.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to assist in the assessment of EMEA privacy regulatory risks.
- Provide smart risk based EMEA privacy legal advice and develop appropriate legal solutions
- Develops, implements and enforces privacy policies and procedures for Dell’s global privacy program in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations
- Driving cross-functional privacy governance meetings with key stakeholders
- Initiating and reviewing Privacy Impact Assessments on internal tools, processes, products, solutions and services
- Providing advice and recommendations to the business on identified privacy risks as well as best practice sharing
- Ensuring up to date inventory of personal information assets exists along with associated data flow mappings
- Responsible for documenting data processing activities
- Essential Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to write technical reports, policies, procedures and effective communicator in presentations
- General knowledge of foundational requirements of privacy law (such as GDPR) and best practices
- Sound technical expertise on privacy risk management, GDPR and EU E-privacy Directive & Regulation
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization, influence stakeholders and drive results
- Appropriately applies judgment on smart risk taking for privacy compliance program and legal risks/issues
- Experience in managing a global privacy compliance program for a business unit/functional department
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Qualified attorney with at least 8 -10 years legal experience advising on EU data protection laws compliance and regulatory risks management.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of global privacy compliance program management experience is preferred.
- EU IAPP privacy certification is preferred.
- Location: remote, UK, Austin, Ireland.