|Job Type:||Full Time|
Category Manager Senior Advisor (Merchandising)
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Category Manager Consultant on our Merchandising & Sales team in Paris.
Dell products drive human progress. Which means, as a member of our Merchandising team, you’ll get to do something special. You’ll drive the success of products which help people and businesses break new ground. At the same time, you’ll power the growth of our unique organization so we can keep innovating for a better future. Managing a product throughout its lifecycle, our Merchandising professionals translate business goals into product strategies, assortments and specifications. It’s their vision that simultaneously fulfills company strategy and customer needs.
The core purpose of this role is to develop the merchandising strategy and retail account development for our Display range of products.
- Develop and lead strategy and execution of Retail Display on Pricing and Product positioning into the Retail/ Etail ecosystem
- Drive the top and bottom line to optimize all aspects of the portfolio P&L by delivering smart assortment, partnering with the Retail Sales team on promotional planning and interlocks with dell.com to ensure omni channel alignment
- Proactively managing channel conflicts to ensure optimal profitability and sales through all routes to market
- Present the business plans and initiatives to key stakeholders up to and including SVP/Director level
- Partner with the Retail Sales team and distribution channel to leverage go to market and maximize sell-in opportunities
- Own product and financials decisions to meet targets that are consistent with the assortment strategy
- Provide Weekly, Quarterly and Annual business forecasts for performance reporting
- Lead investment asks to Global Product Group
- Significant experience with exposure in merchandising/retail/marketing or sales function
- Ability to drive customer negotiations
- Requires experience in category management and/or go to market product strategy
- Demonstrated knowledge of the IT market and experience in P&L management, retail, cross-functional project management and forecasting.
- Analyses and forecasts business and market trends
- Experience in navigating cross functional organisation and driving teams to deliver on business objectives
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’ve got what it takes to shape the vision and strategy for ground-breaking products, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Closing Date: 16th March 2020.
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer and aim to ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
We are proud to offer a culture of Flexible Working at Dell, so don’t forget to ask our Recruiters about what this means for you.