|Job Type:||Full Time|
Principal Engineer, Technical Support - Skytech
London, UK Remote
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Principal Engineer, Technical Support - Skytech on our Dell Technologies on our Enterprise Support team in London, UK - Remote
Based full-time in the Dell EMC Business Unit the Regional Enterprise Skytech job functions is to provide Onsite and Remote Level 3 Advanced Support for Dell EMC Storage, Server, Networking and Software products. This role will involve traveling to customer site up to a 70% bases. When not onsite the Skytech will work remotely as a Subject Matter Expert supporting Frontline Enterprise Support. The Enterprise Regional Skytech is responsible for the overall customer satisfaction of Dell EMC Enterprise customers and serves as the escalation point for customers with advanced Enterprise issues. The Skytech will work in a Technical Support case-based management environment and will interface with Support Management, Resolution Managers (RM), Technical Service Managers (TSM), Solutions and Sales teams, serving as a point of contact in areas of expertise.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
- Proactive Escalation avoidance for United Kingdom (Southern / London), through proactive case reviews, attending proactive RM / TSM conference calls, regular attendance to the BU & proactive site visits.
- Provides timely response to customer escalations utilizing all Dell EMC resources necessary to quickly and accurately diagnose, troubleshoot and repair customer’s servers/storage/Network with appropriate notification to all stakeholders.
- Actively supports the customer in all aspects through to problem resolution keeping customer informed throughout life of incident.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting customer’s environment, utilizing Dell diagnostic tools and necessary support staff (SME, SST, IPS, etc.).
- Clearly and concisely logs and tracks details of solutions provided to resolve customer issue maintaining and updating the case management tool to ensure customer information is current and accurate.
- Aiming at 100% customer satisfaction.
- Performs required case management functions as related to assigned RM / TSM including the written summaries of outcome(s).
- Identify known problems and documents resolutions.
- Attends required technical training sessions and makes effective use of assigned lab time.
- Ability to perform on-call duties using a pager/mobile during evenings and/or weekends on a rotating schedule.
- Strengthens Subject Matter Expertise on entire Dell EMC Compute/Storage/Network products by attending required technical training sessions as well as leading training sessions for these products.
- Extensive travel to customer sites within your region to resolve Enterprise escalations.
- Professional Networking Certification required e.g. CCNA or preferably CCNP in addition to Professional certification in Virtualization.
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting complex network infrastructures,
- Practical knowledge of network and storage area network performance optimization
- Expert knowledge of networking (including WAN topology, mixed LAN/WAN operating system environments, DNS/WINS/DHCP, firewall solutions)
- Expert knowledge of at least 4 of the following: VC Rail, Unity / Compellent, RedHat Linux, Windows 2008 R2/2012, Oracle, Exchange, SQL, Clustering.
- Expert knowledge of server hardware (including SCSI, RAID and I/O topology);
- Expert knowledge of Storage hardware (including Fibre channel, ISCSI, FCoE, basic knowledge of HPCC and Infinibandetc.)
- Systems management knowledge/experience
- Proven track record in maintaining and enhancing skill(s) level(s) according to future technology trends.
- Proven track record in managing multiple escalations with effective follow-up/follow-through and timely documentation.
- Excellent communication skills.
Closing Date: 14 February 2020
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and well-being are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Read our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
As members of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
"LI PRIORITY" "LIPRIORITY" LI PRIORITY