|Job Type:||Full Time|
Principal Enterprise Architect
Dell Technologies combines the power of 7 technology leaders that are committed to this vision. Helping our customers transform the way they do business in 4 fundamental ways; Digital Transformation, IT Transformation, Workforce Transformation and Security Transformation. These transformations are realized through; gaining new capabilities, reinventing processes, strengthen security and creating new value that could change the game. At Dell Technologies we service customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to the core to cloud.
The role of the Principal Enterprise Architect is to help manage the overall transformation outcomes on behalf of Dell Technologies and the client, provide a single point of accountability, and leverage the delivery and solution capabilities of the Strategically Aligned Businesses (SAB) while working alongside the Dell Technologies and SAB stakeholders in delivering transformational value.
The Principal Enterprise Architect role combines vertical industry expertise and application knowledge, a broad range of consulting capabilities, and innovative business and technology solutions to help companies harness the value of information across the enterprise. The Principal Enterprise Architect (P-EA) provides innovative thought, strategic guidance, and technology expertise to help clients exploit information to its maximum potential and accelerate their journey to cloud computing models. Taking an application-centric perspective the position should be able to differentiate Dell Technologies on our ability to deliver tangible business results through the generation of actionable strategy and design, followed by driving and managing execution with our clients, to enable them to transform and exploit the benefits of strategically digitizing their business.
The P-EA provides this support to an assigned account or set of accounts in a given geography. He/she works closely with their sales team and customers to create strategic account plans that are rooted in as-a-service technologies, next-generation applications, and data analytics. The P-EA builds credibility and challenges traditional customer thinking to sell a long-term vision as opposed to pointed solutions. The P-EA should be able to provide technical thought leadership for the account’s CTO, enterprise architects, application developers, engineering, and operations teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, build and maintains relationships with key customer decision makers and influencers: include CxO, enterprise architects, application development teams and senior management in operations and engineering.
- Cultivate and foster a world class account team across the 7 strategically aligned businesses, including global services, partners, channels and corporate support groups.
- Provides technical leadership and direction to the customer and internal staff.
- Works with peer group to create, maintain and regularly communicate an account technology plan. The plan includes future state architectures, tactical initiatives and milestones and business relevant technology solutions.
- Researches and communicates technology, industry and market trends and provides guidance on their application to customers and feedback of business requirements back into the appropriate SAB's engineering and marketing organizations.
- Researches competitive frameworks and solutions to adequately address and dispel customer objections that arise in a sales campaign.
- Presents and markets the technical design and business value of proposed Dell Technology solution and business case to customers, prospects, and internal sales management.
- Collaborative with the sales team to qualify opportunities regarding customer technical requirements, competition, decision-making process and funding.
Skills & Experience you bring:
- 10+ yrs of IT or Digital Transformation within Fortune 500 or similar companies’
- Ability to work at CxO level to build strategies for Enterprise Architectures
- First-hand working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture practices, stacks, and styles
- Executive presence, influence and ability to collaborate & motivate across the organization
- Internally and externally recognized as a key and influential leader
- Understands Technology vs. Business Impact
- Leadership & Relationship Building Experience
- Strong Business & Financial Acumen
- Influence Based Leadership, comfortable leading through ambiguity
- Creative & Critical Thinking
Demonstrated mastery in one or more of the following domains, with working proficiency across all domains:
- IT Strategic Planning
- IT Governance (ITIL, DevOps, SRE, COBIT, NIST, ISO)
- Process & Data Mapping, Value Chain discovery
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Requirements Elicitation, Organization, and Prioritization
- Traditional Application Development (object-oriented, functional)
- Cloud Native & 12 Factor Application Development
- Data Modeling, Analysis & Administration (big data, NoSQL, relational database, ETL, event-driven)
- IT Infrastructure methodologies
- IT Automation, Orchestration & Self-Service based models.
- IT Security & Risk Management