Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM) focuses on the specific financial crime threats the firm faces now and in the future, pioneering the techniques and technology that protect our business, our customers, and the many communities in which we operate from the harms associated with financial crime. FCTM harnesses intelligence, analytics, technology, investigation, information sharing, and public-private partnership to achieve this end, always seeking the most effective and efficient means. FCTM is also partnering with Financial Crime Compliance to build the case for a more efficient and effective regulatory approach by defining a potential new regulatory landscape based on practical, tested innovation and serving as a thought leader in the ongoing public debate on the future of regulatory compliance.
The Systems Delivery team ensures that essential systems and data are available to enable FCTM to conduct effective and efficient investigations and analytics. The team is proactive and future-looking, shaping financial crime technology and promoting its adoption across FCR.
The role holder will be responsible for the identification, acquisition and analysis of data used by FCTM to assess and analyse financial crime and reputational risk for all of the Bank’s clients. This will require close and productive working relationships with the IT development team and FCTM analysts, and skilled relationship management with both internal system owners and external data vendors.
Travel requirements in this role are rare but may be required on occasion.
Impact on Business
- Proactive enhancements to the data integrated into the tools and systems used by the FCTM Investigators and Analysts to provide timely, reliable and actionable intelligence on potential financial crime risks to senior managers within the business.
- Gathering and organising knowledge of data flows and repositories. Analysis of data schemas and samples. Prototyping of data processing algorithms
- Evaluation of new data presentations, data management and acquisition tools
- Entrepreneurial identification of new data sources to enhance and develop the capabilities of the existing system.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Engage with a diverse set of stakeholders in order to achieve the overarching objectives, including:
- The IT team and third party consultants
- Data Scientists and Analytics teams
- Subject matter experts on financial crime risks
- Internal system owners and external data vendors
- Global Security & Fraud Risk and Intelligence teams
- Financial Crime Compliance
Leadership & Teamwork
- Strong teamwork with the broader FCTM and IT teams to establish and maintain productive personal relationships
- Leadership potential
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Adherence to operational controls, as outlined in procedures and polices to ensure risks are identified and managed
- Establishment of all necessary operational controls within the system
- Identifying and driving data enhancements to the FCTM Technology suite to drive greater global operational effectiveness and increase the return on investment
- Exploring existing data structures to identify missing data, duplicate data and data sets that can be joined together to provide an enhanced intelligence picture. We do not expect neat matches between data sets so understanding, prototyping and testing data matching hypothesises is key to this work. In many cases it will be necessary to reverse-engineer the data to deduce its structure and interpret it correctly.
- Developing and maintaining strong and productive relationships with a diverse set of customers and stakeholders
- Using the technical and business knowledge to formulate actionable solutions to problems or identify new opportunities to enhance the system
- Working in a new and developing department and using technology without precedence in the wholesale banking environment
- Rapidly developing an accurate understanding of highly complex tool intelligence analytics tools, including multiple data feeds, network analysis logic and algorithmic scoring models
- Developing a large body of contextual knowledge on wholesale banking sectors and the specific financial crime risks associated with them
The post holder must be able to work comfortably within a fluid and developing framework. The role holder will be expected to demonstrate considerable entrepreneurial spirit to obtain the necessary knowledge and identify and realise opportunities. The role holder will be subject to sensitive, and therefore risky, information and must exercise sound judgement in protecting it and must adhere to all relevant rules and regulations.
The role holder will be the key driver of broader and enhanced data feeding an industry-first intelligence system reliant on robust, global data. The role holder will be required to effectively prioritise data analysis, acquisition and integration tasks to ensure business requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner and are fit for purpose.
The role itself involves risk management and the role holder must show strong leadership in this area by continually reassessing the operational risks associated with the role, taking account of changing economic, legal, technological and regulatory environments and adhering to all procedures and practices.
Observation of Internal Controls
The jobholder must adhere to all relevant internal controls and should be able to demonstrate a flawless track record in this area.