|Job Type:||Full Time|
Title: Marketing Manager
Reporting To: Director of Brand & Campaigns
Global is one of the world’s leading Media & Entertainment groups. As the UK’s largest commercial radio company, Global reaches more than 32 million people every week including 25 million on the radio alone through its respected media brands; Capital, Heart, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital XTRA and Gold. Global recently moved into outdoor advertising following the major acquisitions of Primesight, Outdoor Plus and Exterion Media. With over 250,000 outdoor advertising points, Global is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in Europe. The company headquarters is in London’s iconic Leicester Square.
The mission of Marketing at Global is to create, nurture and grow some of the UK’s most loved media brands in order to help Global achieve its immediate business goals, as well as making sure we embrace a brave, new digital future.
Success in the future is reliant upon Global Player. We need a marketing expert with a proven track record in designing and executing marketing plans that drive app downloads and usage.
What you’ll be doing…
- Plan and execute an always-on performance marketing campaign. When somebody searches for an audio app in the App Store, Google Play or on their mobile, we want to ensure that they see a Global Player ad. The cost-per-install (CPI) must be less than the expected lifetime value of a user. Optimise the plan over time to reduce the CPI and therefore increase profitability.
- Each week, our radio brands and outdoor advertising estate reach most people in the UK. Plan and execute a marketing campaign to drive downloads and increase usage of Global Player using these channels. Adaptability is key as the audience of Classic FM will have different needs to the audience of Capital XTRA.
- Alongside the Director of Brand & Campaigns, you will be required to put together a business case for additional investment in Global Player. We need to show that whatever we invest in marketing will give us a significant return on our investment by driving usage.
- Alongside the Director of Brand & Campaigns, you will be required to develop a brand proposition and campaign that establishes Global Player as a brand in its own right, so that it’s one of the first brands spontaneously mentioned by people when they think of audio apps.
- On Global Player there are thousands of high-quality podcasts and increasing numbers of playlists. You will be responsible for planning and executing marketing campaigns for these (e.g. David Walliams’ Marvellous Musical Podcast) in order to 1) drive downloads of Global Player and 2) increase monetisable streams (monetisable through DAX).
- The awareness of Global as a consumer-facing brand is massively on the rise. You will be responsible for the marketing campaigns around Global projects, such as The Global Awards. You will also be required to help with the marketing of our charity, Global’s Make Some Noise.
Who you’ll work with…
- The wider Marketing team.
- The Managing Editors of our radio brands and of Global Player.
- Commercial to ensure cohesion between the growth we are driving and business need.
- A whole host of internal departments including the Global Player development team, CRM and social; to ensure there is consistency of approach.
You’ll have experience in…
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience of managing and developing brands. This includes using data to develop a strategy and excellent creative judgement
- Experience in performance marketing is essential, specifically driving app downloads and usage.
- Experience in building business cases for marketing investment and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing spend
- Managing budgets, including allocation planning and reconciliation.
- Building happy, productive relationships with stakeholders, some of who may be in different departments and / or more senior.
You’ll have these skills and attributes…
- A strong leader with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, a first-class communicator and talented project manager who will command respect, credibility and trust throughout the business.
- A highly autonomous, creative, innovative and resourceful, solution orientated person with the ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Commercially astute and highly numerate with a clear understanding of how our business makes money and the role marketing plays in this.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A desire and hunger for continuous learning of best marketing practice.
- Personal resilience.
Job Posting End Date