|Job Type:||Full Time|
Full time, Permanent, Plymouth/Maidenhead
**At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less , ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability . We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate with our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
The Residential Controls business within the Schneider Electric group is a global provider of devices for heating, cooling, hot water and humidity control in domestic and small commercial installations. We are investing heavily in the design and development of smart products which harness the Internet-of-Things to expand into new markets and leverage existing ones.**
Our product range is designed by teams in Plymouth and Maidenhead, with manufacturing facilities in Plymouth, UK under the Drayton brand and in Nuremberg, Germany as Eberle Controls.
We are seeking a highly talented and self-motivated Embedded Software/ Firmware Engineer to work in our Plymouth or Maidenhead team. You will be responsible for creating software for a wide range of home automation and Internet-of-Things products.
Your key responsibilities:
- Full lifecycle involvement in the detailed design, coding and validation of C/C++ embedded software
- Co-ordinate with other teams to ensure the timely delivery of new products according to agreed timescales
- Adopt in-house best practice for code integrity and design validation
- Ensure that the integrity of the system and software architecture is maintained throughout the lifecycle of the product
As an embedded C/C++ software engineer you will have a structured approach to design and verification with demonstrable skills in selecting appropriate software architectures. You will be able to produce efficient embedded software implementations and have a good appreciation of electronic hardware.
You will play a key role in the realisation of leading-edge smart home products. It is key that you can demonstrate a successful track record of embedded software delivery in your career to date. You will have a passion for design excellence and demonstrate outstanding technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven skills in embedded C and C++ for resource-constrained platforms
- Excellent understanding of electronics and microcontroller-based embedded systems
- Degree in computer science, electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent
- Self-starting, demonstrating a high degree of initiative in taking on challenges in a fast-moving environment
- Working well in a close-knit team
- Experience of low-power wireless communications, such as Zigbee, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Experience in software design for thread-based architectures (RTOS/Linux-based systems)
- Experience of software development for consumer products
Non-Technical Competencies Required:
- Excellent time management skills
- Open communicator
- Pro-active and collaborative team worker (cross-functional teams including external development partners)
- The initiative to innovate and champion change
- Freely accepts and welcomes technical ownership
You will be joining an international, dynamic, and responsible company, with an enviable reputation in the market. Schneider fosters the development of all its’ people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
***Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.***
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.