Would you like to analyse and design software for the implementation and testing tasks? We currently have a vacancy for a Software Engineer at our site in Hillend.
As a Software Engineer, you will be involved in software requirements analysis, software design, software implementation and software testing tasks.
This role will provide you with the challenge of taking responsibility for creating and developing software solutions and ensuring they follow the full software lifecycle through to delivery.
Your main responsibilities as a Software Engineer will involve:
Your responsibilities will include:
As part of the software team you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities
The Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Completion of allocated requirements, design and implementation, and test tasks to a high standard, and within schedule and estimates
- Testing of completed functionality
- Adherence to project processes and software development practices
- Accurately reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
- Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
- Production of appropriate technical documentation
- Participation in peer reviews of own and others’ work products
- Configuration of completed work
Your skills and qualifications:
- Experience and understanding of the full software development lifecycle, from requirements & design through to delivery
- Experience and understanding of software development processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing), experience of development tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
- A technical track record in relevant skill areas, which may include;
- Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing), and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
- Developing desktop-based applications including windows forms
- Modern software languages C#/C++ (Java considered)
- Windows or Linux target environments
- Object-oriented design/development including UML
- Integration of COTS Software applications and libraries
- Developing interfaces to hardware components
- Windows target environments
- Experience of Agile
- The ideal candidate will have a “can do” attitude and be innovate within their work. Have excellent organisation and time management.
- Occasional travel may be required
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world’s leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
BAE Systems Air brings together the company’s international capabilities and expertise to respond to customers' current and future requirements, and compete for international export and collaborative opportunities. In the UK, BAE Systems Air has an unrivalled track record and expertise in the development, delivery and support of military air platforms, components and technologies through Typhoon, F-35 Lightning II, Tornado and Hawk.
BAE Systems Air has the capability to provide customers with information superiority through the delivery of actionable intelligence and information, together with the provision of innovative information systems and services. Training is a key enabler to delivering military capability, and at BAE Systems we bring together our expertise in the analysis, design, build and delivery of training solutions into a powerful combination for our military customers around the world.
Working as an integral part of the team delivering information superiority and effective air power, our aim is to provide our customers with the capabilities and intelligence that really matters.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.