Would you like to be responsible for managing/developing procurement contracts as well as have input into the contract strategy? Well we currently have a vacancy for a Principle Supply Chain Manager at our site in Barrow in Furness.
As a Principle Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible and have accountability for managing the delivery of the Procurement strategy (and other identified strategies) & activity and the contract management of the onsite services. The programme management of the supply chain team to include dependency reporting and Supplier Performance information including a full understanding of schedule, cost, quality, risk, issues, leadership and management.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to have input and develop the overall contract strategy for the business as well as providing wide exposure both internally and with various customers/suppliers.
Your main responsibilities as a Principle Supply Chain Manager will involve:
- Responsibility and accountability for managing the procurement programme & phase of each contract including participating in the development of the Project Contract Strategy and reviewing the need and proposed procurement route for all Project Contracts. This will include ensuring that the procurement programme for each contract is aligned to the build delivery requirement and that adequate time is allowed, for an effective procurement process leading to signature of contract. At all times be cognisant of all Project and other contract activities which may impact the Contracts when assessing the need, scope, duration and expected value of each of the Contracts against the approved customer budget, and defining the commercial requirements of a contract. Part of this will include overseeing the Commercial Review of the technical and commercial requirements, ensuring that the specifications and commercial terms of the contract including; Scope of Works, Required Services, Planning, Safety and Quality Standards etc. are aligned across the Project and ensuring that the commercial terms will allow effective contract administration.
- Lead all Programme management activity for the onsite services delivery programme, working proactively and reactively to the ever changing demand that is placed on the supply chain. This includes active risk management and mitigation and dependency management of all critical stakeholders who will support the procurement plan and process.
- Lead the team to provide detailed and "drilled down" procurement and contract management reports which capture all detail of supplier performance in relation to obligations under the contract. Schedule, Cost, Quality, Risks, and Issues for management reporting, ensuring business systems are updated to support the Supplier Performance management toolset.
- Lead the functional Supplier Performance activities, supporting the results of the Supplier Performance Review (SPR) toolsets to undertake analysis and apply intelligence to outputs such that the function is fully informed of supplier status.
- Create, develop and deliver a contract management plan and implement a contract working document that articulates the operating of the contracts within the onsite services programme, to include the lifecycle management of contract award to contract closure. This should include the ways of working for each element of procurement & contract management.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the programme requirement, and the part that the supply chain team play in the successful fulfilment of the services we offer to build delivery. This should include the Identification of resources to support the demand, clear roles & responsibilities and targeted objectives of the team to ensure maximum performance is achieved.
- Ensure that all key stakeholders and programme piers are both involved and in agreement with proposed contracting strategies, to support the delivery of the onsite services programme.
- Ensure that all cost avoidance and cost savings are captured and reported at management meetings to support the supply chain function target
- Responsibility and accountability for leading and managing the programme management of execution phase of each contract including providing an overview of the individual contracts to ensure compatibility and alignment across the portfolio, and with other projects including fundamental matters such as: Scope of Work / Services and Associated Programme; Prices and Rates Schedules; Key Personnel and Arrangements for Contract Administration, incentive arrangements.
- Work with collaborative behaviours, in a spirit of mutual trust and cooperation by ensuring in terms of leading by example in establishing effective collaborative arrangements with all parties in the integrated team. Contributing positively to the various collaborative working initiatives, team building activity and behavioural/relationship assessments and seek and act proactively and positively upon feedback on personal attitudes and behaviours, thereby adopting positive and proactive approaches to facilitate early commercial close out.
- Lead the development of supplier relationships within the team to support the "bigger picture" of programme partnering. This is inclusive of providing the necessary guidance and support to the team to ensure supplier relationships support the business needs.
- Act as a deputy (when required) to the head of supply chain, supporting the supply chain initiatives and the functional management reviews that occur
- Actively support the business audits that occur from time to time to ensure the audit requirement is met and closed sufficiently. This is also inclusive of quality audits & inspections and the resulting findings and actions placed upon the team for action and closure.
- Be a positive, enthusiastic and committed advocate of the supply chain function, continuously reinforcing the key service offering and the need for continuous improvement, change and innovation. The role will establish a sense of urgency for change and implementing a strategy for change and be a role model for the behaviours associated with the Values, and for change, improvement and innovation. This will include enhancing individual and collective leadership skills and developing self and team members in ‘non-technical’ skills: interpersonal, team and relationship, as well as establishing a consistent culture of professionalism, value and collaboration
Your skills and qualifications:
Pre and Post Contract Experience
Procurement Strategy Experience – Contract Selection/Strategy
Experience of managing a procurement and contract delivery team
Good Contract knowledge – Contract Interpretation/guidance
Strong Programme Management & Portfolio management experience
Excellent Communications, negotiation and Stakeholder Management Experience
Previous experience operating at a programme level
A clear communicator, able to build relationships with senior stakeholders and lead the delivery team
You should be able to work collaboratively with the ability to challenge in a constructive manner.
Have experience of operating in a major programme environment and matrix organisation
Have the ability to hold stakeholders and dependencies to account, and utilise experience of reporting the performance of the given areas
Experience of strategic procurement and supplier planning
Salary: 60,400.00 + Commensurate with experience, Relocation and competitive package.
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world’s leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Our Submarines business has been safely delivering world class submarines to the UK Royal Navy for more than a century.
The Astute class will equip the Royal Navy with its largest and most capable generation of attack submarines. We are responsible for the design, build, test and commissioning of these state-of-the-art vessels. In total, seven boats will make up the fleet, each weighing a mighty 7,400 tonnes.
Dreadnought is the successor to the Vanguard class of nuclear deterrent submarines. We will deliver four submarines to the Royal Navy, with the first submarine entering service in the early 2030s. Dreadnought is widely considered to be one of the world's most complex engineering challenges.
We have sites in Barrow-in-Furness, Filton, Frimley, Ash Vale, Broad Oak and Weymouth, and we pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.