- Developing zero-touch scripts that integrate with bespoke and COTS orchestrators e.g. Ansible
- Integrating and testing scripted deployments in a virtual environment and then a physical environment
- Occasional visits to customer sites to support deployment
- PowerShell, including advanced coding features e.g. Workflows, Desired State Configuration (DSC) and Bare Metal Deployment. Training can be provided if an otherwise suitable candidate needs these skills enhancing
- Python, batch scripting, VBScript
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 10 Operating Systems
- Active Directory
- VMware, ESXi, vCenter, NSX, Horizon
- Undertaking changes in controlled environment
- Atlassian toolset
- Collaborative working in a team environment
Technical documentation production
BAE Systems is one of the world’s leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
BAE Systems Air
BAE Systems Air brings together the company’s international capabilities and expertise to respond to customers' current and future requirements, and compete for international export and collaborative opportunities. In the UK, BAE Systems Air has an unrivalled track record and expertise in the development, delivery and support of military air platforms, components and technologies through Typhoon, F-35 Lightning II, Tornado and Hawk.
BAE Systems Air has the capability to provide customers with information superiority through the delivery of actionable intelligence and information, together with the provision of innovative information systems and services. Training is a key enabler to delivering military capability, and at BAE Systems we bring together our expertise in the analysis, design, build and delivery of training solutions into a powerful combination for our military customers around the world.
Working as an integral part of the team delivering information superiority and effective air power, our aim is to provide our customers with the capabilities and intelligence that really matters.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions.These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.