|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Research Cambridge is seeking applications for highly motivated and self-driven research software engineers with an interest in any sub-area of deep learning to work on a variety of cutting-edge deep learning projects within the lab. The projects will span a wide variety of application areas from computer vision, natural language processing to systems, programming languages or healthcare. You will be interested in learning new technologies and have a passion for applying latest research to solve real-world problems to create lasting impact. You will enjoy working as part of a collaborative inter-disciplinary team and be willing to continuously update your knowledge and skills.
There is no closing deadline for this post. The post will be filled once suitable candidates are found so if you are interested please apply as soon as possible.
Role Type: Individual contributor
- Design, implement and evaluate machine learning experiments
- Work with an interdisciplinary team on applications of machine learning
- Develop and apply state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to challenging real-world problems
Candidates must have:
- A Masters degree and/or equivalent industry experience in a mathematical area (Engineering, Computer Science, Maths or Physics).
- Strong interest and knowledge of an area of deep learning (one or more): CNNs, RNNs/LSTMs, autoencoders, model-based/model-free reinforcement learning strategies etc
- Strong software design and implementation skills (C/C++ and/or Python)
- Has implemented state-of-the-art techniques in a deep learning framework like PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe etc
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
Desirable additional skills:
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and execute through publications, patents or product shipments in any one application area (Vision, Speech/Time-series data, NLP or Healthcare)
- A few years of demonstrated real-world software development experience that has led to an area of specialization within engineering such as scaling, optimization, distributed systems design etc
- Understanding of how to execute ML training and inference algorithms (mainly deep learning)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We offer a competitive salary.