|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Corporate & Investment Bank - CIB Credit Risk [Real Estate] - CIB Appraisal International – VP
CIB Appraisal provides commercial and residential real estate valuation services globally to the Corporate & Investment Bank and Chief Investment Office.
The international team, based in London, primarily supports the Securitised Products Group throughout EMEA and also APAC.
The team is involved with a diverse range of sectors including hotels, healthcare and development sites, as well as the traditional asset classes.
As a VP / Senior Reviewer you will be responsible for the commissioning, review and analysis of external valuations for secured lending transactions throughout the EMEA & APAC regions.
This will involve determining the appropriate scope of work for the valuation assignment, selecting / engaging qualified independent valuers and reviewing the valuation reports to ensure compliance with JPMC policies, local / international regulations and professional valuation standards.
Key elements of the review process are ensuring the quality of the valuation reports and the reasonableness of valuation conclusions – you will be required to carry out both quantitative & qualitative analysis.
- Your particular area of focus will be large portfolio assignments, predominantly comprising residential but also commercial assets, where you will be required to analyse and consolidate Excel data tapes, run stratification analysis and identify the appropriate scope of work. The role requires strong project management skills and advanced Excel knowledge.
- This is a key role in an experienced team. It will involve direct daily contact with the Origination and Credit Risk teams, plus colleagues in the US.
- You will also need to be confident in dealing with senior valuers at the major consultancies throughout Europe and imposing good quality reporting.
- Depending on the location of assets, you may be asked to attend site inspections abroad.
- You will also be given other ad hoc assignments for other parts of the Bank involved with Commercial / Residential Real Estate.
Key Skills & Experience
- RICS qualified real estate professional (other designations beneficial i.e. MAI or API)
- University degree – preferably in real estate/surveying
- Extensive experience in valuing/analysing commercial / residential real estate in key EMEA or APAC markets
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, both written and oral
- Solid Argus skills - knowledge of Argus Enterprise & Developer
- Flexible team worker with ability to manage priorities/multitask effectively in a busy environment
- Must be a self-starter, able to drive projects to completion often under tight timelines.
- Experience of handling/analysing large amounts of data using Excel, as well as familiarity with cash flow models.