|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.4 trillion, over 250,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking**.**
JPMorgan Asset & Wealth Management is the marketing name for the investment management businesses of JPMorgan Chase & Co. and its affiliates worldwide. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset, beta and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The International Research-Driven (RDP) Team manages $52bn in assets and provides investment management capabilities to institutional and retail clients, based on proprietary, fundamental research, implemented by portfolio managers. Dedicated research analysts produce long-term valuations for the companies in their sector, and portfolio managers use these insights to construct portfolios for our clients.
The team is currently looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Research Analyst to cover the Pan-European Banks sector. The role will be based in London.
- Researching and providing insights on European banks, covering the given universe flexibly as part of a team of two.
- Making relative value comparisons and investment recommendations to European and Global portfolio managers.
- Participating in managing regional and global analyst funds.
- Collaborating and communicating with a global network of JPMAM analysts.
We look for high performance individuals who are comfortable working in a collegiate, dynamic team environment and who can demonstrate strong analytical, investment and client-facing skills. The work is fast-paced, with tight deadlines and high pressure for results, which requires strong attention to detail and an innovative and flexible approach.
Other requirements include:
- At least five years of relevant experience analysing companies in the Banks (or financials) sector.
- A strong interest in long-term investing and commitment to a career on the buy-side (existing buy-side experience is preferred but not mandatory).
- Excellent understanding of financial markets and securities valuations.
- Ability to address risk and be comfortable with risk-taking.
- Comfortable working closely with and advising Portfolio Managers.
- Ability to deliver clear/concise investment recommendations under significant uncertainty.
- Ability to distinguish between essential and nonessential information.
- Strong analytical and spreadsheet modeling skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- A team player with the ability to work effectively with and leverage colleagues based around the globe.
- Comfort with participative decision-making.
- Educational background: CFA preferred.
This role encompasses the performance of regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the relevant regulatory authorities to carry out such activities.
*J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*