|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Research Cambridge (UK) is seeking an exceptional candidate to pursue research in Reinforcement Learning. The successful applicant is expected to develop a program of research in novel reinforcement learning approaches, with a focus on applications in video game settings. Key research challenges in this space include, but are not limited to, robustness and generalization in (deep) reinforcement learning, multi-agent reinforcement learning, sample-efficiency and scalability of reinforcement learning algorithms.
This is an exceptional opportunity to drive ambitious research while collaborating with a diverse team to push for novel applications of reinforcement learning in gaming and beyond. Working with the world's best researchers at Microsoft Research this role gives you the opportunity to be at the bleeding edge of our rapidly evolving technological world, seeking innovative solutions to the world's toughest challenges and improving the lives of people everywhere.
Contract duration: 2 years
There is no closing deadline for this post. The post will be filled once suitable candidates are found so if you are interested please apply as soon as possible. When submitting your application, include your CV with a list of publications as an attachment. You may also include your published work. For more information about the post, please feel free to email Katja Hofmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In collaboration with a diverse team (including designers, engineers, and researchers) develop and drive an ambitious, high impact, research agenda in reinforcement learning with applications in video games
- Write research code to test new approaches or develop novel theoretical and practical insights
- Distil insights into effective communications, such as research papers and presentations, or other forms of communications (for example blog posts) to reach technical and general audiences
- PhD in reinforcement learning, game AI, or a related area, or equivalent experience
- Research ability demonstrated by journal or conference publications
- Strong understanding of state-of-the-art reinforcement learning approaches
- Hands-on experience in implementing and empirically evaluating reinforcement learning and/or game AI/MCTS approaches
- Demonstrable ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We offer a competitive salary.