|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Services Global PMO (GPMO) mission is to elevate our Enterprise Services Program Management capability to win, and successfully deliver, complex market making projects and programs.
To be a candidate GPMO Program Manager you should be able to answer 'Yes' to these questions:
- Do you have a proven track record of winning and successfully delivering multi-million dollar ($10M+) programs?
- Do you have a proven track record in leading/coaching recovery work on programs that have 'drifted off track';
- Do you want to lead the delivery of Microsoft Services largest and most complex programs worldwide?
- Do you have proven capability to foster and manage relationships with senior external and internal stakeholders to correctly manage expectations and achieve successful program outcomes?
- Do you want to play a leading role in developing the Project Manager community and capability across Enterprise Services?
We are a global team of exceptional people who deliver world class services in the most challenging of scenarios. We earn customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by improving the overall customer and partner experience. We help scope and deliver the most ambitious engagements undertaken by Microsoft Enterprise Services.
As a member of the GPMO team you are expected to:
- Participate in pre-sales, Capture, activities for the most complex opportunities, and then lead the resulting delivery engagement;
- Be a strong team player, assisting the overall team and your peers to achieve success;
- Ensure that you, and the teams you lead, are exemplars for the behaviors and standards expected for a world class delivery organization;
- Continuously maintain your professional skills through training, certification and, most importantly, by successfully delivering complex programs;
- Be an active member of the WW Project Manager community;
- Be willing to engage internationally.
You will participate as part of an integrated team responsible for:
- Supporting pre-sales, capture, activities to help secure our largest programs and ensure they are setup for successful delivery;
- Successful engagement execution on large complex programs to achieve on time, on budget and on expectation delivery;
- Maintaining program delivery quality, profitability and customer satisfaction, among other metrics;
- Ensuring strong program governance;
- Fostering and maintaining relationships with senior external and internal stakeholders to correctly manage expectations and achieve successful program outcomes;
- Making others successful.
This will also include
- Delivering programs of work within the constraints of a scope, schedule, feature, functionality, and budget;
- Ensuring that you, your team, and the program operate within Microsoft and customer policies and guidelines;
- Cost and schedule performance utilizing Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Establishing a strategy of continuous risk management that enables proactive decisions and actions throughout the program life cycle;
- Throughout the program, consistently evaluate the team's activities to identify opportunities for the creation or reuse of Intellectual Property (IP);
- Active engagement of your peers to support you in the successful execution of your role;
- Active sharing of experience and learnings with the broader Project Management Community within Enterprise Services through mentoring, publishing, presentation and participation in community activities.
- Work with and manage partners effectively
- Participation in the pre-sales, capture process - approximately 20% of time;
- Program execution - approximately 70% of time;
PjM community related activity - approximately 10% of time.
- 10+ years of program management experience;
- 5+ years of complex ($10M+) program management experience;
- Demonstrated ability to encourage teamwork and collaboration through effectively managing change;
- Problem solving and escalation management; in a complex environment;
- Experience managing projects with multiple work streams and partners;
- Demonstrated strategic planning ability;
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing to budgets.
- Bachelor's Degree required;
PMI certification is preferred and will be required within 12 months of joining the team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.