|Job Type:||Full Time|
Role Title: Manager, Markets Regulatory Compliance
New or Existing Role - New
- To form part of the team providing advisory compliance support to the Global Markets (GM) Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities (FICC) structuring, sales, distribution and trading businesses with a focus on FICC Sales and Distribution business lines in order that line management can ensure that the business is conducted in accordance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and codes of practice.In particular help assist the Global Head with Regulatory Compliance coverage of FX.
- Drive independent oversight and challenge of the risk management practices across the business ensuring the business objectives are aligned regulatory requirements
- Partner with regulatory change and other regulatory SMEs to understand new and revised regulatory requirements, codes of practice etc, ensuring changes and any impact is disseminated to the appropriate Businesses
- Coordinating with equivalent counterparts in regional compliance teams across the GBM to ensure a consistent, best practice and ‘joined-up’ approach to the oversight of the businesses.
Impact on Business
- Failure to have proper Compliance coverage and expertise could lead to regulatory risk
Customers / Stakeholders
- Global Markets with the principal focus on the FICC sales desks including but not limited to: Institutional, Corporate, FX, Credit, Emerging Markets and Rates sales
- With cover required also for other FICC businesses as demand or need requires including but not limited to the following trading businesses: Foreign Exchange, FX Derivatives, Metals, Energy, Rates, Credit, Emerging Markets, Futures, OTC Clearing, Asset & Structured Finance, and Balance Sheet Management.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Must have appropriate interpersonal skills to be able to integrate into an existing close team.
- Must have a strong personality to be able to cope with the demands of facing the business in challenging situations
- Must be able and willing to identify and undertake the necessary actions to provide solutions needed to discharge effective compliance advice to the FICC businesses
- Be able to mentor other FICC Compliance team members
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Compliance coverage/support for the business line will reduce compliance, business and operational risk for the business area
- To advise on aspects of Global Markets (GM) FICC Sales and Distribution desks and provide cover for wider trading and structuring desks as and when demands requires in order that line management can ensure that the business is conducted in accordance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and codes of practice. Commensurate with experience and grade.
- To work with the business on high profile projects to ensure that the regulatory demands of those projects are met.
- To provide the business with clear guidance in relation to business proposals plans in the context of regulatory rules and regulatory change
- To deliver on a programme of training for relevant businesses in accordance with GM Compliance and business training requirements.
- To assist functional and line management in resolving compliance matters and requests which arise in the FICC business areas.
- Provide compliance support and input as required to team members undertaking the Global Markets Due Diligence approval process and to respond within agreed timescales.
- To provide training to business areas on procedures and practices necessary to achieve compliance.
- To provide compliance support and expertise to other business units within GM when required to do so (e.g. deputise during absence of other Compliance staff).
- To liaise with other Compliance areas of the firm, auditors and infrastructure departments in relation to compliance matters in the UK and overseas jurisdictions as needed.
Management of Risk
- To learn and put into effect the requirements of the Legal and Compliance Functional Instruction Manual (FIM)
- Work within the Operational Risk parameters of Global Markets Compliance
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understand, keep up to date and ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the Global Markets business