|Job Type:||Full Time|
Role:Company Secretary Assistant
Team: Legal, Compliance & Company Secretarial
Location: Leicester Square, London
Global is one of the world’s leading Media & Entertainment groups. As the UK’s largest commercial radio company, Global reaches more than 32 million people every week including 25 million on the radio alone through its respected media brands; Capital, Heart, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital XTRA and Gold. Global recently moved into outdoor advertising following the major acquisitions of Primesight, Outdoor Plus and Exterion Media. With over 250,000 outdoor advertising points, Global is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in Europe. The company headquarters is in London’s iconic Leicester Square.
This is a newly created permanent role reporting into a very experienced Senior Company Secretary Assistant – who ultimately reports into the Group General Counsel. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and effective Company Secretary Assistant to work with and develop their skills in a fast moving and varied environment, ultimately helping to transform the Company Secretarial Function.
- Maintenance and timely update of ICSA Blueprint Company Secretarial records;
- Statutory compliance for the extensive number of subsidiary companies;
- Supporting the Senior Company Secretary as required in the preparation and distribution of Board minutes / packs etc
- Monitoring of accounts due for the portfolio companies
- Preparation and filing of Confirmation Statements for the group companies
- Dealing with statutory filings and administration following allotment of shares, transfers of shares, buy-back of shares, including Companies House filings, updating Blueprint Registers
- Company incorporations and name changes (by electronic formation/change)
- Production of share certificates, stock transfer forms
- Timely filings with Companies House
- Maintenance of statutory filing system, including setting up of statutory books and registers for new companies for the portfolios
- Using company information tools such as Companies House Direct to establish certain facts, downloading and uploading documents.
- Calendar management, assisting with arranging meetings, dealing with room requirements and providing general support to the legal & compliance team. Review and upkeep of certain processes and procedures for which they have nominated responsibility
- Other responsibilities as agreed from time to time
- Maintaining and managing files for OFCOM licence agreements and producing all paperwork required for the renewal of licenses and liaising with OFCOM with regard to the renewals.
- Supporting on ad hoc issues such as insurance, risk, corporate governance, policies, refinancing, group restructuring etc.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working within a company secretarial team with a genuine desire and ambition to learn and progress
- Studying for ICSA certification / part or fully qualified
- Good working knowledge of Blueprint or other similar corporate governance portals desirable.
- Experience of working in a complex privately-owned company
- Proven to be discrete, trusted with sensitive information.
- Very organised, good attention to detail, conscientious, diligent.
- Proactive with a good service mentality and strong work ethic.
- Strong communicator and team player.
- Good relationship builder/strong IQ.
- Ability to or experience of digital transformation of records and process management