|Job Type:||Full Time|
Role Title: Cloud Service Manager
Digital at HSBC
The most exciting digitalrevolution in HSBC’s history is happening right now. The global digitalsolutions we are creating will influence the banking behaviour of over 37million customers worldwide. Such an exciting journey comes with a truly uniquecareer opportunity: working alongside a growing team of experts fromworld-leading technology companies to embed digital into the heart of the bank.
Our Digital teams are an integrated globalgroup of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across ouroffices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
Our work includes developing new mobile apps andonline experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with ourcustomers; building and improving the underlying technology and securityplatforms; and innovating our propositions to take advantage of new innovation.
This role sits within the newly formed Digital CloudServices function.This function isdriving innovation across the bank through the use of public cloud offerings(predominately AWS currently).The teamis responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing operational supportof Cloud services for the HSBC Digital business.
Therole of the Cloud Service Manager is to monitor and report on the overallservice performance of Digital cloud platforms.The Cloud Service Manager is responsible for helping prioritise SREworkloads and supports continuous service improvement. They will interact withSRE Engineers, Cloud DevOps Engineers & Application DevOps teams to introduceand manage service across both production and non-production cloud environments.
The Cloud Service Manager will be accountable for:
- Service availability and capacityplanning of digital cloud platforms
- Service level reporting on digital cloud platforms to ensure efficientutilization
- Implementation of cloud service improvement initiatives
Yourresponsibilities will include:
The CloudService Manager will be responsible for:
- Overall service performance of the Digital Cloud platform services, ensuringan accurate cloud inventory is maintained and working with the migration lead
- Providing regular reporting to senior management on the health of thecloud platforms including performance, capacity and compliance reporting
- Working with the wider DCIS service team for incident and problemmanagement
- Monitoring service performance and identifying areas for improvement toenhance scalability, availability and security
- Reviewing service impacting incidents to ensure corrective actions areimplemented to avoid future outages and co-ordinating post incident reviews formajor incidents
- Maintaining a view of service costs for cloud platforms and working withSRE/Cloud Engineers/Architects to optimise costs and supporting theprioritisation of work for the Site Reliability Engineering team
Qualifications and experience