|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Research Cambridge is searching for an exceptional research engineer (any experience level from Junior to Senior will be considered) with an interest in compilers and programming languages to work on a project aiming to accelerate machine learning workloads on specialized hardware.
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Investigating the limitations of existing compiler toolchains for deep learning acceleration and improving upon those.
- Designing and implementing custom intermediate representations and backends for specialized machine learning accelerators.
- Connecting those new backends to existing compiler toolchains and machine-learning frameworks.
- The candidate will work closely with machine learning researchers who are designing new ML models and training algorithms, as well as others working on the software side.
- Software development experience, previous exposure to programming languages design and implementation or deep learning frameworks
- Strong design and implementation skills (mainly C/C++), ability to quickly dive in existing codebases
- BS to PhD with subjects as compilers, programming languages, systems, computer architecture or deep learning
- Understanding of how to execute ML training and inference algorithms (mainly deep learning)
- Previous work with GPU programming or code generation
- Some experience with Python and ML frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch, CNTK)
- Previous exposure to algebraic optimizations and functional programming
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.