|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Research Cambridge (UK) is looking for exceptional programming language researcher candidates with the goal of accelerating machine learning research. Microsoft AI and Research works with the world's best researchers, moving with the current of technology as it rapidly evolves. Together we share the motivation to seek innovative solutions to the world's toughest challenges and improve the lives of people everywhere.
Over the last few years, many different specialized hardware accelerators (especially with a focus on artificial intelligence/machine learning workloads) have been developed. The successful candidate will develop a research program focused on improving the performance and usability of these platforms. This includes for example, development of a compiler/optimization stack for AI/ML applications on a wide array of compute accelerators. This research will require insights from both programming languages research and machine learning, and thus the successful candidate will work closely with both machine learning as well as programming languages researchers. For a more engineering focused position, please see this page.
- Strong track record in compiler optimization research evidenced by a strong publication record in relevant conferences (e.g., PLDI, POPL, ASPLOS …) or product development.
- Strong design and implementation skills (mainly C/C++), ability to quickly dive in existing codebases
- Some experience with machine learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc).
- Interest in deep research with high real-world impact.
- Completed PhD (or close to completion of PhD).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.