|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you thrive in an incredibly fast paced environment working on problems that don’t have a defined solution, but require creativity and teaming to deliver meaningful business outcomes? Do you have experience in global-scale infrastructure delivering the datacenters, hardware and cloud services speedily in the location and resiliency standard expected by cloud customers? Are you passionate about driving cloud solutions and capabilities to meet critical Government’s cloud computing needs? Are you ready to work with a motivated team working on some of the most advanced cloud technologies?
Azure Global builds and manages theAzure cloud at global scale—central to building the world’s computer. We are passionately committed to building the world’s most trusted, secure, and hyper-scale cloud, with a keen eye to the best customer experience. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate and shape the world’s computer, and we encourage you to apply and learn more!
The Azure Global Infrastructure Strategy & Development team is looking for a senior leader to deliver hands-on key elements of Azure’s Infrastructure Strategy and its practical implementation/developmentthroughout EMEA. This leadership role is part of a dynamic and high-impact team to drive business goals ofGlobal Expansion and Customer Promises of both the Azure Public & Specialty cloud offerings.
In this role, you will work closely with senior-level, deep-expertiseglobally situatedpeers in Geo-Expansion, Data Center, Operations, and Buildout disciplines to plan, coordinate, and execute complex infrastructure and cloud services-basedprojects. You will collaborate across multiple groups within and beyond Azure Global, such as Compute, Networking, Storage, Office 365, Cloud Operations + Innovation, Field/Sales, Supply Chain, and key customers.
The successful candidate will have a bias for action, curiosity for the ‘whys’, a proven ability to maintain an outcome-based viewpoint, and an ability to fail fast and learn.The successful candidate will also exhibit positive traits indicative of mentoring, coaching, and caring for team members to help them & the team succeed and achieve their goals.
- Directly shape the strategy for delivery of Azure cloud capabilities and growth throughout live and forthcoming Regions throughout EMEA.
- Drive the strategy, buildout plans, and blueprints for Azure infrastructure and servicestomeet the most demanding customer requirements, and shepherd solutions that produce increased business productivity.
- Develop and deliver oversight mechanisms to improve efficiencies of Azure Global’s infrastructure and services design and deployment.
- Drive accountability of Azure’sinvestment principles, while improving deployment efficiency and cost optimization.
- Oversee capacity planning and capacity management to meet future customer growth in cloud services.
- Lead and coordinate cross-team efforts to drive engineering solutions to technical challenges and deliver quality solutions to committed schedules and project plans.
- 5+ years of experience with global-/hyper-scale infrastructure design and deployment, whether data center, hardware, software, operations, security, or network/connectivity
- 7+ years of Technical Program Management or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Direct people management and client engagement experience
- Proven ability to analyze complex systems and drive solutions in collaboration with engineering teams
- Ability to bootstrap on a given process or technology to meet deployment schedules
- Great problem solving, strategic thinking and technical skills.
- Self-driven, ability to work with minimal direction, and thrives in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with a metrics-driven mindset and the ability to experiment, learn, and improve
- Working knowledge of Cloud computing concepts, Architecture & ability to drill down to details to help engineers & up-level to communicate to executives as necessary
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent. MS or higher preferred
- Experience with mission assurance and survivability assessment processes for critical facilities
- 5+ years of experience supporting 24x7, 365 day/year mission critical IT environments
Background Check Requirements
Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft screening requirements required for this role. This includes, but is not limited to the following screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.