|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase has undertaken an aggressive digital transformation strategy, and is investing in innovative ways to attract customers, deepen customer engagement and drive increased satisfaction through delightful interactions with digital products and experiences. We strive to transform customer experiences, simplify the ways we do business and tirelessly drive toward product excellence. Our team is at the heart of driving this transformation, focused on developing innovative offerings that put the customer at the center.
Culture is extremely important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious and honest, passionate, hungry individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. You should be comfortable working in an open, collaborative and agile environment. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global team of product leaders and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
This role will be based in London with opportunities to work from home and the office (during the pandemic this has been fully work from home). Occasional opportunities for travel to Edinburgh, and overseas (US) may become available.
The Control Management Function
Control Management (CM) leads the 1st line of defense for business risk and controls, to maintain a strong and consistent risk abd control environment across the firm. Working inside the business, this role promotes early identification and assessment of operational risk, effective design and evaluation of controls and sustainable solutions to mitigate operational risk.
Control Management focuses on four areas:
1) Control design and expertise
2) Risk and control identification and risk assessment
3) Control break and control issue management and resolution
4) Control governance & reporting
The team is located in London & Edinburgh working alongside colleagues in USA.
- Working within the Controls Team in partnership with stakeholders, you will evaluate and perform an end-to-end analysis of the business’ operational risk and control environment to identify significant gaps and weaknesses and determine root cause of control deficiencies.
- You will be able to develop creative and innovative solutions to manage risk and improve the customer experience, ensuring that controls are properly designed, operating effectively, and essential to a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
- Develop and ensure implementation of the control framework, embedding controls within Scrum agile delivery methods, balancing your approach with customer experience and become a natural part of the software development lifecycle.
- Work as part of a highly collaborative & successful Controls Team, regardless of geographic location, providing support across all business areas required.
- Advise the business on risks and be a proactive adviser and thought leader for the assigned business areas, identifying business risk issues and recommending solutions.
- You will provide support to ongoing business-related control programs and strategies (e.g., New Business Initiatives, change management, metrics development and reporting, control evaluation, issue management, etc.)
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge in Operational risk.
- 3-5 years of experience in financial services industry with background in controls, audit, quality assurance, operational risk management, or compliance preferred.
- A strong knowledge of UK and EU regulatory requirements relating to Proceeds of Financial Crime, AML, KYC, Sanctions, Fraud and PSR is preferred
- Knowledge of Agile with hands on experience using tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills. Solid critical thinking and analysis in technical scenarios, attention to detail and able to synthesise large amounts of data and formulate creative and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Able to think about a problem from first principles, taking innovative approaches to address user needs.
- Strong understanding of data, and how to use data driven analytics to create effective conduct controls in a digital environment
- Able to work effectively in agile environments, delivering value whilst dealing with high degrees of uncertainty and continuous change.
Business knowledge - ability to understand the business / knowledge of regulation surrounding business.
Communication/presentation - excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence business leaders in a meaningful and actionable manner
Networking – strong interpersonal skills; strong collaboration and relationship building skills
Work autonomously to affect change - flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
Decision Making/Judgement - moderate level of independent decision making using sound judgement
Problem solving / Analytical skills - solid critical thinking, attention to detail and analytical skills; able to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate appropriate conclusions
- Understanding root cause / identifying control deficiencies
- Developing timely and sustainable solutions
- Analyze metrics for emerging risk
- Writing Action Plans, Procedures
- Change Management