Senior Actuarial Analyst
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
As an HSBC employee you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a non-contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Senior Actuarial Analyst.
The purpose of the role is to contribute to the actuarial and analytical work produced in the following areas e.g. experience analyses, financial reporting, local regulatory reporting, economic capital, model development and governance, pricing and ad-hoc project work. You will also be responsible for the development, maintenance and improvement of the processes for the above activities.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the actuarial and risk integrity of the work of the business.
- Supporting the lead on relevant aspects of the engagement with the key stakeholders of the insurance function on issues which may be related to experience analysis, modelling, IFRS reporting, local statutory reporting, economic capital calculations, pricing, model governance and ad-hoc project work.
- Quality assurance of wider team’s deliverables including junior member’s deliverables
- Supporting stakeholders and other senior team members within HSBC who require actuarial and analytical support – acting as deputy when required within organisational limits of authority and scope of activity
- Provides support for queries from Actuarial colleagues
- Ensure work undertaken meets best practice and recognised actuarial standards (internal manuals and external as set by professional bodies)
- Ensure compliance with applicable quality control
- Support and mentor colleagues on improving operational effectiveness and control within the team.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Be working towards or a qualified actuary (FIA or equivalent) with post qualification experience
- Have knowledge of financial services products in a working environment
- Expeirence of Excel and Prophet
- Ability to communicate information in a confident and structure manner to all levels of management
- Ability to influence business managers, to establish and maintain co-operation
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to operate within cross functional teams
- Excellent leadership and customer relationship management skills
The base location for this role will Whiteley, Edinburgh or London.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Telephone: +44 2078328500