Lead Development Specialist
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2021 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Lead Development Specialist to join HSBC Technology within GFX-IT.
Business area overview
- HSBC has built a successful FX and PM Derivatives Business over a number of years. Building upon HSBC’s strengths (global presence, customer and emerging markets focus) the business has grown to become a major player in the global derivatives market.
- The primary aim of the FX and PM Derivatives IT team is to develop and support the IT systems that allow the business to be successful. Risk Management is an obvious focus of the team, where the main responsibility is to develop and support the primary trading systems for front office users as well as associated support groups that allow the business to function. However, the business also has a significant requirement for pricing and distribution systems which ensure that products are accessible by the maximum possible customer base, both internal and external to HSBC.
- The team’s ethos is to enable the business to grow and continue to generate revenue by delivering robust and scalable IT systems. Reducing manual process and operational risk is also a focus – hence STP solutions form an important part of the projects developed by the team.
What you will be doing;
Purpose of the Job:
- Optimisation and maintenance of existing GFX Compute platform
- Functional delivery that includes Regulatory and other programme deliverables
- Full software development lifecycle using primarily Java
- Automated testing and deployment of small and frequent releases
- Development of new features of the GFX Compute platform
- Level 2 support. Analysis and troubleshooting of issues. The team adheres to a DevOps model and will be expected to support the production availability of their service
- Engage with Product owners, Front office, consumers on E2E delivery of functional deliverables under various technical and regulatory initiatives