|Job Type:||Full Time|
Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchant Services is the world’s leading merchant acquirer with over $1.6 trillion in annual transaction volume. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies.
Executive Director – Merchant Acquiring European Product Delivery lead within the Merchant Services Product Management organization leads the definition and management of the product construct for the European Acquiring platform build out for the Helix program. The product lead should have deep experience of the acquiring business including regional specific experience required to define product vision for European acquiring needs. The European product delivery lead will also be responsible for partnering with the existing European acquiring leads to define an iterative product solution enabling clients to migrate and convert to the platform over a period conducive to client demand and build velocity. This position will be part of the leadership team responsible for product definition and execution of a multi-year international expansion and modernization of the Merchant Acquiring business. The multi-year program offers the ability to re-design the current pricing and billing structure of the merchant business and leverage the global scale of JPMC’s FX, tax, and funding distribution capabilities.
This position will work with internal and external stakeholders and will have the opportunity to build payment solutions for North & South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia markets. This leader will be responsible for managing a team of product managers with specific accountability of multi-region tax compliance, Payment Network fee billing and reconciliation of credit and debit card transactions worldwide. The product leader will also be responsible for defining a strong business backlog for execution in a fully agile delivery process, partnering with operational teams for measurable financial reconciliation, and driving a multi-year market expansion roadmap.
- Deliver commercialization, operational and go to market plans for European Merchant Acquiring product
- Influence across the entire Product engineering department and management of 3-5 local product leaders with depth in the European acquiring market.
- Collaborate with product, business, platform teams to arrive at commonalities between features and capabilities to reduce redundancies, gain synergies and develop cohesive Payment distribution capabilities for customers
- Drive pricing simplification strategies for the Merchant Acquiring business and influence Finance, Sales, and Customer Journey teams on the mission to simplify yet keep transparency to clients
- Define and measure critical OKRs / KPI’s for platforms and map to product and services success
- Effective communication and shared understanding across our engineering and business communities with lessons learned, issues and best practices.
- Detailed reviews of technology programs and assess their alignment with strategic architecture and business aims, engineering practices, and efficient working practice.
- Strong experience in leadership/management with emphasis in the payments industry
- Strong commercial acumen and experience in payment processing expense categories such as Payment Network fees, Interchange, Acquiring fees, and Cross Border payments.
- Preference to have global payments experience with understanding of regulatory requirements for cross border payment distribution
- Familiarity with accounting and reconciliation techniques with corporate GL platforms
- Ability to work effectively across complex organizations with various stakeholders, including client facing teams, product, field strategy, operations and IT
- Experience with product delivery through Agile Development practices