We have an exciting new opportunity within our Finance Excellence team as a Payroll Manager with the accountability for the global payroll process.
What you will be doing?
- Manage the team to deliver payroll processes effectively and efficiently globally adhering to set and agreed SLAs, KPI and policies providing the right user experience for colleagues and business stakeholders
- Lead the team to process payroll and relevant payments delivering accurate payments on time and effectively manage enquiries from colleagues and business teams
- Support period end activities (closing the subledger) and ensure correctness of payments
- Report and present monthly and quarterly KPIs to senior management and provide reporting on payroll
- Support the development of the service provision strategy across all locations and develop strong relationships with UK and international service providers
- Effectively manage supplier performance to achieve agreed service levels and customer satisfaction
- Continuously improve processes leveraging automation to achieve better efficiency and customer experience and working closely with Group IT to drive and adapt system changes
- Drive and support the payroll transformation programme across strategy, provider selection,customer service focus and international expansion
- Support wider business transformation programmes with relevant expertise (eg. Finance and People Transformations)
- Act as a process lead for payroll defining requirements and driving implementation for processes and systems to meet business requirements, performance metrics and compliance.
- Driving initiatives to enhance compliance controls and address areas of non-compliance and internal finance procedures
- Build and develop a high performing highly engaged team creating a culture of service excellence
- Create a culture of customer service and delivery excellence
- Experience of managing shared services centres and payroll operations
- Strong demonstrable experience of people management and large teams
- Experience of payroll systems
- Experience of customer service focused delivery in an international / global environment
- Experience and understanding of UK / International payroll legislation
- Experience in process improvement to improve SLAs and KPIs
- Experience in delivering transformation
- Ability to develop team objectives dividing them in manageable tasks, coordinating and driving achievement across the teams
- Skill set to motivate their team to drive to improve service and effectiveness
- Mindset for continuous learning actively seeking and providing feedback
- Ability to build and provide effective analysis & insight to support decision making
- Champions change and supports others through it
- Ability to partner senior managers building strong relationships
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...