|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Oracle Report Developer is a new role as part of a new team in Finance responsible for enhancing reporting for Ocado Group to deliver efficiency, insight & capability improvements. It is responsible for the development of reports using the Oracle suite of reporting tools, covering both Fusion and EPM (Enterprise Performance Management) requirements.
This role will establish a small team of Oracle Report Developers to provide a high quality and consistent service to Finance & other partners that meets the reporting requirements of the growing global client business.
What you will be doing?
- Delivering against the report development pipeline to meet the reporting roadmap requirements for financial & key non-financial data for Ocado Group
- Establishing and developing a small team of highly engaged and collaborative Oracle Report Developers creating a culture of excellence and controls
- Defining technical, administrative and security standards and ensuring adherence to these standards, and to wider Ocado IT standards
- Delivering reports using the Oracle reporting tools – including OTBI, BI Publisher, FRS (Financial Reporting Studio), Narrative Reporting & Smartview
- Engaging with Business Analyst team, stakeholders and subject experts to ensure that requirements are properly understood and captured in report design
- Documenting the technical specification for each report and ensuring a good quality of documentation within the development team
- Providing expert technical direction to the Oracle Report Developers, and recommending best practice to the wider RCOE team
- Evaluating report requirements and recommending improvements or alternatives when relevant to deliver efficiency, insight & capability improvements
- Engaging with wider Oracle development initiatives to ensure alignment
- Ensuring that reports are developed in a future proofed manner, with appropriate change control maintained for chart of accounts or other changes, when required
- Ensuring that report publication/distribution schedules and reporting portals are maintained in an efficient manner
- Supporting other members of the Reporting Centre of Excellence with the execution of the development ‘roadmap’
- Expert knowledge of Oracle reporting tools (OTBI, BI Publisher, FRS etc), with appropriate certifications (essential)
- Excellent working knowledge of finance processes and how the Oracle design reflects these processes
- A good understanding of the wider finance design, including the chart of accounts & enterprise structure
- Experience of working in other organisations, with a perspective on alternative approaches
- Experience working within a finance environment, delivering with quality but at pace
- Strong previous experience of leading a development team and contributing to the positive development of finance
- Experience of working with stakeholders at all levels across the business, delivering with quality but at pace and to meet deadlines
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- Highly numerate and analytical
- An accomplished line manager with a track record for developing direct reports
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...