Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On .
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency .
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies . We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtExntUe89c
The Residential Controls business within the Schneider Electric group is a global provider of devices used to control heating, hot water, humidity and cooling in domestic and small commercial installations and is expanding into the world of Smart Products. The business is investing heavily in new product design, market expansion and further development of existing markets. In particular, it is creating an exciting new range of Internet and cloud-connected smart products to exploit the opportunities provided by the rapid growth of the Internet of Things (IoT). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LXBa3UcrGI
Location – You will be working from home with occasional travels to Plymouth when requested, no more than 20% of your time travelling. You will be working closely with Schneider R&D teams in the UK and across the world.
We are seeking a Systems Design Engineer to work in our smart home system development team. The role is accountable for the system design and requirements for new and existing Internet-Connected smart home products, systems and services. You will be designing system features, product integrations and services for our growing user base, for which requirements and specifications need to be developed. There is also a focus on supporting the ongoing strategy of the business with technical analysis of upcoming projects to facilitate planning activities.
We design connected home products and services, that include the physical products that go in our customers’ homes, the apps they use, and cloud-hosted software to make it all work well together. You will be working with a cross-functional development team that consists of app developers, cloud service developers, electronics design engineers, mechanical and product designers and embedded software.
Specific accountabilities include:
- To provide system level expertise to cross-functional development teams for the design, development and support of new and existing products
- To work closely with the product management team to understand market requirements, user feedback and internal/external stakeholders to generate and maintain clear, unambiguous, achievable and testable requirements
- To assist colleagues in understanding and decomposing product and system behaviours
- To help drive user testing as a means of validating system behaviours
- To make use of data to inform product, development and business decisions and priorities
Your Key Responsibilities
- To support the translation of business and user needs into technical solutions
- To work collaboratively with project team members to ensure the solution meets business and user needs
- To ensure solution integrity through collaboration across the system architecture team
- To maintain a customer focus at all times
- To stay informed of latest market trends, technologies and processes, especially in the area of Internet of Things and connected home products
- A degree in an engineering discipline, or equivalent
- Experience of working as part of a project team. A team player, comfortable engaging proactively with teams across the business
- Experience and/or awareness of the Systems/Software engineering lifecycle
- A professional attitude with a proven ability to communicate technical concepts effectively and good personal skills
- A self-starter
- Experience as a Systems engineer, product owner or business/systems analyst
- Experience working within a customer focused development environment with a focus on user testing
- Comfortable in capturing, analysing and using data to drive decision making processes
- Interest in energy management or smart home systems
- Firmware/Software, App and/or cloud development knowledge
- Previous experience with connected service development
- German/French language proficiency
What we offer:
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and flexible working models to ensure the right work/life balance.
A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working across teams
A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
We are an employer that is characterized by both the appreciation and equal opportunities of our employees, a recipe for generating success.
Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice – apply now online.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.