|Location:||East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We've been in the rail business for twenty years and we put our success down to our people. Many of our employees have developed successful careers with us and now we're looking for passionate and positive people to join our team.
We deliver 92 services a week direct to London King's Cross from Beverley and Hull and are regularly rated as one the UK's best rail operators for passenger satisfaction.
Customer experience is what we're well known for and within our home city we work closely with local charities and organisations to deliver a vital service for the people of Hull and East Riding and its economy.
Now with an impressive fleet of bi-mode Class 802 state-of-the-art trains, our Paragon fleet is one the most modern on the UK's rail network.
As an ambitious open access rail operator, we're proud to carry the name of Hull down the East Coast Main Line to the capital and we're excited to be planning our long-term future.
Do you want to be a part of our journey?
We are recruiting for a Qualified On Board Manager. The on-board management duties are; ensuring that all operational safety requirements, and responsibilities are undertaken in line with the current group standards. Ensure that the levels of customer care and service are always delivered to the highest possible standards. The role of the On-Board Manager is in relation to safety critical duties noted in the Passenger/Guard Rule Book number 5.
What will you be doing?
- To undertake duties in accordance with the statutory rules and regulations, Network Rail instructions, RDG Codes of Practice and instructions issued by Hull Trains to ensure the safe and efficient working of trains.
- Work in accordance with the company injury prevention policy and practices ensuring all accidents, incidents and near misses as well as potential risk is promptly reported.
- To strive to expand upon HT reputation for the highest levels of customer care and demonstrates that we are the Company “that goes that bit further”. They will make every effort to exceed our customers' expectations and lead all customer service activities within their duties in an open and honest manner, making good any shortfalls and reporting these promptly.
- Be responsible for working in close partnership with the On-Board Hosts ensuring all help each other within their duties, not to the detriment of their safety responsibilities.
- To lead the On-Board team to provide the best customer care.
- To ensure disruptive customers are identified and dealt with in the appropriate manner.
- To co-operate in the development and implementation of new technology in support of HT commercial growth, which will assist in the course of their duties and the business overall.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of customer service and on train environment are maintained, working closely with On Board Hosts, Drivers and external agencies/contacts to carry this out (whether at stations or on board, during disruption or normal service).
- Be aware that revenue protection is essential for Hull Trains as an open access operator, ensuring all travel documents are examined, fares are collected, and fraudulent travel is reported through the correct channels.
- Ensure highest standards of communication either via PA or face to face with customers/staff so all relevant information is disseminated as required.
Who are we looking for?
- NVQ Level 2, Customer Services (or be actively working towards it) desirable
- At least 2 years' experience in a customer service role
- Comprehensive standard of education, a degree being highly desirable
- Good communication and motivational skills to engage with all levels of staff
- An energetic and enthusiastic approach to problem solving and team leadership across a broad range of topics
- Competent train guard as per statutory rules and regulations
- Demonstrable experience in driving cultural change in a high potential risk, highly regulated industry
- Rules and Regulations appertaining to the role of the guard
- Personal Track Safety
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus national bank holidays
- Free and reduced rail travel
- Discounted gym membership
- Health cash back scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll giving – donate through your Payroll Giving – donate directly from your pay to a charity of your choice
- Shopping discounts including discounts and cashback on electrical goods, your weekly shop, holidays, cinema trips, car insurance, upgrading your mobile and lots more
- All employee Share Schemes*
- Save as You Earn - gives you the opportunity to save a regular amount each month for three years. At the end of the savings period, you can use your savings to buy shares at a discounted price set at the start of the scheme, or take your savings as cash.
- Buy as You Earn - allows you to buy shares each month, with 2 free ‘matching' shares for each 3 shares you buy. You can vary the amount you save, or stop it at any time. You need to participate in the scheme for at least 3 years in order to receive the matching shares.
- Employee Assistance Helpline – free, confidential employee support service provided by an independent provider
*after 6 months of employment
FirstGroup plc welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply Today!