|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are seeking a Commercial Finance Business Partner to join our team based in London Bridge and are keen to hear from those who have experience of working in a Commercial environment.
You will have responsibility for building budgets and forecasts for the Commercial Department, taking into account current and future business performance, and ensuring consistency with the future strategy of the business.
You will provide accurate, timely and relevant financial information on which to base business decisions, with a focus on business-oriented management reporting.
The Commercial Finance Business Partner will also improve links between primarily revenue-focused and primarily cost-focused roles within the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Team and also between the FP&A and Commercial teams.
There will be an emphasis on working closely with the Commercial team to provide market intelligence and expert analytic review to steer and support marketing, pricing and retail decisions.
Additionally, to address the needs of the DfT and other key stakeholders, you will liaise as required on all financial matters relating to product, retail and marketing activities that drive revenue and demand.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the below in your application;
- Substantial experience in a commercial environment including some time spent in an analytical or commercial finance role
- Commercially astute with demonstrable understanding of financial aspects of a business
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting at an operating company level
- Excellent analytical and financial modelling skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (both written and oral) at all levels and explain financial issues to a non-financial audience
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively and collaboratively as part of a team, contributing to a culture of continuous business improvement
- Ability to influence and solve problems at all levels of the business, influencing decisions beyond the numbers.
- Qualified or part qualified in a recognised accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA), or equivalent
- Experience of rail or similar transport / franchise industry
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway