|Job Type:||Full Time|
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Functional Support Office sits within the Project Office & Design Solutions department, and works cross-functionally across the multiple departments that make up the Platform Implementation function to drive and support coordination, collaboration and engagement.
We are now looking for a Functional Support Office Manager to lead this team, taking accountability for managing a small team, people development, reporting, recruitment and on-boarding and team engagement/events, as well as process support and departmental change management activities.
This is a varied and integral role as the PI function continues to grow at a rapid rate, and is based at our head office in Hatfield.
What will you be doing?
- Leadership of the Functional Support Office team - day to day management of the Functional Support Office Team, proactively driving the development of the team
- Personal Development & Continuous Improvement - creation and maintenance of a central repository for job descriptions for all roles, capturing data on objective setting and development plans, creation and population of a central training matrix
- Management information report - developing and producing regular internal reports as required, for example, holidays, timesheets, expenses, recruitment and financials
- Recruitment and onboarding - supporting the continuous improvement of Platform Implementations processes for recruitment, onboarding and inductions for new starters
- Business Partner liaison - be the main point of contact for business partners across Ocado Group, for example, Recruitment, Human Resources, Learning and Development, Emerging Talent and Internal Communications
- Graduate scheme - act as the scheme owner for the Business Management graduate scheme, support graduates on the scheme as an informal mentor and attend all graduate assessment centres
- Team Engagement and events - leading cross functional Platform Implementation team engagement including team events, celebrating success, team communications, peer awards etc
- Team Coordination - development and delivery of team coordination across each department in Platform Implementation
- Process Support - In conjunction with other Platform Implementation teams, management and support of a set of relevant processes, e.g. the contractor management process, information management and coordination, supporting audit activity of all projects, business as usual activities
- People Development (PODS) - Development and implementation of the Project Office and Design Solutions people development framework and its ongoing support, measurement and continuous improvement
- Supporting change management activities across Platform Implementation
- Great leadership skills with experience of leading teams
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills at all levels (both for internal and external teams)
- Ability to maintain great working relationships (both internally & externally)
- Ability to project a professional & enthusiastic image at all times; providing leadership and motivation to the teams (inc. stakeholders and suppliers)
- Adaptable with the ability to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to show initiative, self-motivation and innovation
- A highly analytical and logical approach to work
- Ability to understand and challenge expert opinions
- Ability to plan & prioritise workload, ensuring all given deadlines are met
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organised and a master in time management
- Report writing
- Ability to interpret data and identify trends
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…