We are looking for an associate to complement our wider Programme Delivery team and support the Programme Manager to achieve the programme outcomes.
*This role will allow for flexible working as per guidelines, there will initially be home working, however this could be extended.
*12 month contract with potential to be extended.
The role will involve working with internal and external stakeholders to assess funding applications. We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills.
What you'll be doing
- Utilise a bespoke IT solution to assess applications made to the Fund
- Establish effective communication across the programme delivery team
- Monitor, investigate and respond to application queries, flagging for other team members attention and referring or escalating where needed
- Attend meetings and share best practice with colleagues
- Mentor more junior members of the team in the programme and provide sector expertise
- Engage with the process of continuous improvement and support ways of increasing efficiency
- Support the Programme Manager and other team members in solving programme-wide problems
- Contribute to the evaluation of the programme at all stages and reviews
- Report progress of assigned tasks in a timely manner
To be successful in this role we would like to hear from individuals who have worked in the sector previously, is used to handling high volumes of data, and has a good attention to detail.
You will be confident in liaising with individuals over the phone both internal and external and have excellent organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work in a pressurised environment.
In return you will join a friendly and energetic team who work closely to support each-others work and take pride in providing high quality administrative support services.
- Experience of working with Local Authorities or Central Government
- Commercial acumen and knowledge of project / programme management
- Experience of working with a range of stakeholders both within the private and public sector
- Ability to create an enjoyable and fulfilling work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
A bit about us
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collabo
rative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from a few million pounds to £20bn through a range of technical disciplines including programme management, project management and education and healthcare management.
Our social infrastructure portfolio is primarily a UK based business working in key sectors of education, public health, and social care. Our work stretches from running training courses attended by individual teachers through to managing the £45m Adoption Support Fund on behalf of the government.
The application process
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you'll need to upload your CV / resume. You have the option to upload a cover letter, to help explain why you're interested in applying for this role.
We can offer:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a pick and mix from a whole range of benefits.
Interested in working on a major social infrastructure programme that delivers socially inclusive services and positive outcomes?
At Mott MacDonald, we are dedicated to tackling our clients' toughest portfolio, programme, and project challenges in order to achieve successful outcomes. We are a family of people excited to solve complex challenges that have a positive impact on the world, and we are always looking for like-minded people to join our team.
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million's to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
The Adoption Support Fund (ASF) is a programme we have been running for our client the Department for Education (DfE) since 2015 with ongoing success. Over £150 million has been spent to support more than 45,000 adoptive and special guardianship order families across the country to provide access to therapeutic support until March 2022.
As part of our programme team you will be joining a supportive network, who work together to achieve our programme goals through connected thinking. The Associate plays a vital role within this team, engaging with internal and external stakeholders, whilst assessing applications against the scope and criteria of the Fund.