|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
A fast-changing world brings opportunities to make patients’ lives better by doing things differently. We help healthcare organisations adapt and transform, connecting people and technology to reinvent care for better outcomes. In the process, we empower patients and keep cost under control.
We work with both private and public healthcare systems in the UK, the US and Europe, helping payers, providers, healthcare associations, regulators and governments. We look for innovative ways to improve quality of life. That might mean using the latest technology to help people live more independently and ease pressure on services. Or creating unique partnerships between care organisations to simplify patients’ choices and improve results within existing budgets.
Our consultants, many of whom have industry backgrounds, couple their expertise with our technological know-how to transform care systems and deliver tangible results.
We help you:
- put patients at the centre of care
- boost productivity by transforming services
- integrate different parts of care systems to make services more efficient and easier to navigate
- translate regulatory guidelines into reality
- create the right teams and choose the right technology to achieve your go
What we're looking for
We are looking to recruit at the Managing Consultant level into the team.
As a Managing Consultant you will be part of our leadership team, taking new service propositions to the market as well as developing new business and strong client relationships whilst leading and delivering great work.
- Develop solutions with NHS clients
- Develop trusted relationships with these clients based on outstanding delivery and credibility key influencers to understand market requirements and to increase PA’s market presence.
- Manage assignment outcomes and teams, including deliverables, client satisfaction, team development and wellbeing, and budget.
- Provide supportive and developmental leadership to the team internally.
- Shape and respond to business opportunities proactively where we can bring clear benefits to our clients.
Relationship and stakeholder management
- Proactively develop a network of external stakeholders that enables success in delivery and in building PA’s reputation and success in the marketplace.
- Confidence and comfort working within the NHS at a senior level
- Ability to influence these senior stakeholders and navigate challenging discussions.
- Build effective internal relationships – working across the Healthcare & Life Sciences team and the relevant capability teams.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong and credible relationships at a senior level across all operational and financial disciplines and across NHS and non-NHS organisations.
- Ability to write NHS Tender Bids/Proposals and Sales business cases
- Ability to produce, but more importantly manage others to produce, clear, concise and impactful written material, including the analysis of data, using appropriate IT packages including spreadsheets and PowerPoint
- Strong management skills, with a proven record of motivating staff and promoting their wellbeing.
- Analytical and able to resolve highly complex problems.
- Broad knowledge of utilising information technology to provide management information reports, particularly financial and activity reporting.
- Experience at dealing with very senior people both internally and externally within NHS organisations.
- Proven experience of working successfully as part of a team.
- Proven staff management experience with the ability to gain their support, motivate and develop them.
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Private equity investment
PA agreed a private equity-style investment with Jacobs in March 2021, a global technical and professional services leader that is “Challenging today, Reinventing tomorrow”. PA and Jacobs have shared values that are based on always doing the right thing for their people, planet and clients; a strong purpose; a desire to make the world a better place; and a drive to help innovative organisations go further, faster.
The relationship with Jacobs will allow PA people to maintain ownership in our business, to act with the care of owners and to benefit from the value that we deliver. More than two-thirds of our people own shares in PA. And it will create new opportunities for our people to build their careers and do impactful work.
The investment from Jacobs sees The Carlyle Group exit their investment in PA after a successful five-year partnership. Together, we’ve built strong foundations that will let us continue to provide exciting new opportunities for our people and clients, and over the next five years grow our firm to more than £1 billion.
Since our founding in 1943, the story of PA has been one of ingenuity – ingenious work that grows businesses, delights customers, serves citizens and improves the health of the planet. As we turn the page with Jacobs, we're excited by the opportunity to create new, and even better stories in the years ahead.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org