|Job Type:||Full Time|
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer - Subsea & Industrial Engineering
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Do you love designing products that will innovate?
Join our Druck team!
Druck is a global technology company that designs, develops and manufactures the highest quality, most accurate and reliable customized pressure sensing devices and instruments, software to provide innovative products, services and solutions to our customers.
Partner with the best
As part of our Industrial and Subsea team you will work on both Custom Product Opportunities and New Product Introductions. The subsea side focuses on projects for the Oil & Gas market supplying pressure and temperature sensors for installation on Subsea Christmas Trees and Control Pods. The Industrial side works with a broad spectrum of industries and segments such as automotive (including F1), metrological, hydrology and rail.
As our Lead Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Being technical lead on Mechanical design of pressure sensing components for the harsh environments associated with the Subsea industry
- Supporting commercial and sales teams to deliver initial design reports and proposals
- Providing face to face customer engagement to create custom solutions and resolve technical issues
- Maintaining a high standard of documentation for evidence of conformity and technical explanation to ensure compliance
- Adopting best-practice guidelines to influence and implement continuous improvements to processes
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering fields or equivalent experience in Mechanical or Design role
- Experience of design and test. Ideally for high reliability, harsh environments including high vibration and high temperature
- Show working knowledge of ProE and/or Solidworks
- Have knowledge of the Subsea / Oil and Gas Industry and Subsea standards and practices (API, ASME)
- Have experience of pressure transducers, compensation techniques and FEA simulation
- Demonstrate ability to work to deadlines and respond to stimulating customer requests with excellent written and verbal communication
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Up to 2 days working remotely from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours- balancing flexibility to work around your personal commitments while ensuring availability for customers during working hours
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.