|Location:||East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We've been in the rail business for twenty years and we put our success down to our people. Many of our employees have developed successful careers with us and now we're looking for passionate and positive people to join our team. We deliver 92 services a week direct to London King's Cross from Beverley and Hull and are regularly rated as one the UK's best rail operators for passenger satisfaction. Customer experience is what we're well known for and within our home city we work closely with local charities and organisations to deliver a vital service for the people of Hull and East Riding and its economy. Now with an impressive fleet of bi-mode Class 802 state-of-the-art trains, our Paragon fleet is one the most modern on the UK's rail network. As an ambitious open access rail operator, we're proud to carry the name of Hull down the East Coast Main Line to the capital and we're excited to be planning our long-term future.
Do you want to be a part of our journey?
We are recruiting for a Qualified Driver. As a Driver for Hull Trains, you'll be responsible for the safe and timely transportation of our customers. Your greatest strengths will lie in your concentration and quick decision-making based upon your in-depth rules and regulation knowledge. You will enjoy working in a structured environment, adhering to set rules and procedures.
Please be aware that due to health and safety commitments, applicants are required to live within a reasonable commuting distance of Hull Station llor be willing to relocate in line with this commuting range, prior to commencing the role.
What are your duties?
- Prepare, drive and dispose of traction units safely, using the prescribed techniques as set out in the appropriate instructions
- Report Delays as necessary
- Comply with the rules as defined in the Rule Book other publications, training' then as it reads
- Maintain currency of route and traction knowledge specific to the role of Mainline Driver
- Locate, and where possible rectify faults following the correct procedure
- Ensure you are provided with, read and understand all safety critical information regarding the role of a driver
- Wear all uniform and PPE provided and carry ‘publications' with information
- Communicate effectively with, and assist other staff and customers in the interests of safety on/or customer service
Who are we looking for?
- You will have an in depth working knowledge and understanding of Railway Rules and Regulations
- You will have an excellent safety of the line record
- You will be an EU Driver Licence Holder and have current competence as a Train Driver
- You will have good communication and motivational skills to engage with all levels of staff
- You will be able to assist colleagues and customers at all times
- An energetic and enthusiastic approach to problem solving and teamwork is required
- Assessment and/or instructing qualifications would be an advantage
- Experience of passenger train working desirable
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus national bank holidays
- Free and reduced rail travel
- Discounted gym membership
- Health cash back scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll giving – donate through your Payroll Giving – donate directly from your pay to a charity of your choice
- Shopping discounts including discounts and cashback on electrical goods, your weekly shop, holidays, cinema trips, car insurance, upgrading your mobile and lots more
- All employee Share Schemes*
- Save as You Earn - gives you the opportunity to save a regular amount each month for three years. At the end of the savings period, you can use your savings to buy shares at a discounted price set at the start of the scheme, or take your savings as cash.
- Buy as You Earn - allows you to buy shares each month, with 2 free ‘matching' shares for each 3 shares you buy. You can vary the amount you save, or stop it at any time. You need to participate in the scheme for at least 3 years in order to receive the matching shares.
- Employee Assistance Helpline – free, confidential employee support service provided by an independent provider
*after 6 months of employment
FirstGroup plc welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply Today!