|Location:||Greater London, Greater Manchester, Reading|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Services' mission is to lead and serve Microsoft's customers and partners as they realize their full potential through Microsoft software and services.
Microsoft Services and its partners bring the deepest expertise of Microsoft solutions—from enterprise planning to deployment and support—that helps our customers innovate to strategic advantage in their respective industries.
Within Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) Azure Cloud and AI Domain, the Solution Architecture Office (SAO) is responsible for setting technical strategy, driving innovation and developing technical readiness and delivery quality for MCS. Due to the growth of our business, the team is looking for an Architect to join our security team to develop technical readiness programs and intellectual property which will be used by MCS consultants, architects and managers to deliver outcomes for our customers.
As a Security Architect in the SAO, you will be responsible for driving the delivery excellence, community and readiness support functions. You will serve as a security subject matter expert driving best practices, sharing lessons learned and driving repeatability, consistency and quality.
- Supporting and advising engagement teams on security methodologies (Enterprise Scale, Secure Score, Azure Security Baselines, NIST etc)
- Supporting engagement teams on initiation and planning of engagements for security, including risk management
- Working with Services Business Desk (SBD), WW Delivery Excellence Office and the Time Zone Delivery Managers to provide security expertise on Project Quality Assurance Reviews (PQR) and Technical Quality Assurance (TQA) Reviews
- Participating in/Leading project recovery for troubled projects as needed
Community and Readiness
- Playing an active role in the Domain Community, driving participation and security knowledge sharing, reviewing content and evaluating delivery IP
- Drive security community interaction and relevance
- Work with WW Learning, Chief Architects and Readiness Lead to provide input into the Readiness Strategy while working with the Delivery Managers in the time zones to develop security learning plans by role and driving readiness completion and continuous improvement
- Assist the domain Time zones in planning for future security readiness needs and supporting the execution and rollout of readiness initiatives
- Supporting pre-sales of key security opportunities
- Identifying, harvesting, and reusing security patterns and presales IP
- Partnering with Solutions & Strategy teams and SSSP teams to share security best practices and drive continuous improvement of our presales motion and value proposition
- Fostering the adoption and reuse of high-quality security IP
- Identifying gaps and best practices WW in a programmatic fashion
- Partnering with Solutions & Strategy team, PG, and cross-domain stakeholders to define future security delivery IP requirements and assist in the governance, creation, and adoption of appropriate artefacts on an ongoing basis
- Create and cultivate security Engineering relationships for ongoing integration and alignment on technical solutions across organizations
- Rooted professional experience in information technology consulting and technology implementation
- Expertise with selling and implementing Azure Security/Identity solutions
- Strong track record of collaboration and working on matrixed teams
- Solid understanding of MSF and Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated track record of effective communication with technical and business leaders at all levels
- Demonstrated track record of ability to support and influence teams for positive results and improvements
- Microsoft Azure Security Technologies (AZ-500) accreditation
- Degree in Cybersecurity (Undergradate or Postgraduate)
- Travel requirement for this position is approximately 30-50% and is an integral expectation of this position as the needs of our customers and our business demand.
- Location – with close proximity to a major international airport
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.